New ladder chars

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by FearDarkness, Apr 10, 2018.

1. FearDarkness

FearDarkness Member

Hello guys, just creating this topic to have an idea from you what is a good char to start the new ladder and get to hell and start farming to get better items. I was thinking of starting with a frozen orb sorc and look for tal rashas set to farm untill i can afford a light sorc, or start with a frenzy barb and farm mainly trav hell. What do you guys think? what is your best strategy and char you use for new ladder?

Sory for the english grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

Nopik and Gi-Joe like this.
  2. Gi-Joe

Gi-Joe Senior Member

Hello there!

thinking on real
    everyone want to setup "FAST" chars and farm runes , charms , items , etc....

in my option is the : CE-summoner necromancer

that is why:
    -amply dmg (lower damage reduced vs monsters=fast kill with the little moving bone shits)
    -CE(Corpse explosion= dont need too much kill on the monster 1-2 already dead monster and RATTATATATTATATATA) :)
    -Summoning(this a beauty option in the game but not usefull with oneself=need adds -dr (amp))

so looking for a question WTF can i do with this char....? o_O:cautious:

well:
    -COW (muumuu) like in 3-5min this very good (do runs for a jah and a ber (base drop ... relax :D )) (if u get a enigma can make paladin hammer if u want... but its a really nice char , i means like necro)

-PITS(max 10 minute but we are knows its a new char :) )
    -BAALruns and wk keep ( 1step: amp-amp-amp-amp 2step: wait to kill 1-2monster 3step: CE-CE-CE

Its easy :)

so in my best opinion is the CE-Sum

Cheers joe!

(L)egia 1916, Nopik and Bglzaborg like this.
  3. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

i go start frozen orb (no es) with crap items what i find in road

FearDarkness and Gi-Joe like this.
  4. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

i start as blizzard sorc to farm travi hell (merc for immune monsters) and meph
    once my gear is good enough i will change to light sorc to farm keys for uber

FearDarkness and Gi-Joe like this.
  5. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

I will start as blizz sorc and do 5 or 10k lk runs to get runes and pgems the easiest+safe and most quick runs to grind.
    After getting 2x bers for infinity respec into lightsorcers and do chaos runs for jah and ber.
    After getting enigma start a character with a necro and spam nithalak runs only note: these runs are ran for cancers like me to get tc lvl87 unique drops 1-1000th run maybe depends on rng.

2nd way to get richer is to make smiter and sell torches.price of the torch should be high imo.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Gi-Joe likes this.
  6. Quinneczech

Quinneczech Fat! Old! HardCORE! Forum Legend

Ill start with a sorc (there is an excellent guide by @gin31 http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/beginners-speedrunning-guide.542048/), simultaneously rushing barb, ama, necro and paladin to a5 hell.
    After that, ill farm with a sorc, until ill find runes for either infi or enigma, then switch to necro or continue baalrunning with light sorc.
    My goal is to get pala to decent lvl for UT, and exping remaining chars as high as possible for future pvp reasons :)

edit: And finish the holy grail ofc. Already have a handy excel tab for that :)

gin31, Fatty180, Vacholindyr and 2 others like this.
  7. Vacholindyr

Vacholindyr Senior Member

Hmmm in my opinion if you want to get runes fast why dont you just make crap L sorc and farm The Countess. For one day farmung you can get easy 2 bers for inf... also a ton of Terror keys. Also with that crap L sorc + one ring slain monsters rest on you + 1 same ring on your merc + ress from hoto spirit mara and viper it would not be a problem to farm Niht for 50sec max.
    But this is not interesting at all.

This ladder I want to feel the good vibes from D2. So i will play without maphack at the begining till hell. My first char will be barb, not sure what build, or druid but not elemental, or bow amazon.
    I think that it will be very fun and my interest will lasts forever :D
    At all this is my opinion. Maybe there is a faster way to become rich at the begining.

8. Mano

Mano Supporter

I think the best char is sorc blizzard.. u can do easy andy, meph, travincal and cows.. the best form to get fast stuff :)

9. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

My way is CE/summon necro first for sure, and cheap sorc with teleport to chaos is always helpful for my necro. And then cheap uber smiter for sure. I like to do all my torches by myself.

Fatty180 likes this.
  10. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Frozen orb yes.

aBUCHa and Fatty180 like this.
  11. runefactor

runefactor Member

You could start with the basic frozen orb es sorc, doesn't require much gear.
    Personally starting with a CE/Summon necro, a teleport/static sorceress, and a bo barb.
    Was considering doing a x8 character run with a conviction paladin, bo barb, oak sage druid, salvation paladin, fanaticism paladin, hammerdin, teleportation sorc, summonmancer and just running baal non-stop.
    Or possibly just a teleportation sorceress and running endless LK chests until my eyes bleed for hrs for a enigma/infinity and going from there.

Have fun~

12. (L)egia 1916

(L)egia 1916 Senior Member

Nec Summoner! Ez & Fast Cows, Pits, AT
    At the beginning of the young ladder I had enigma in three days

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  13. Angeloffaith

Angeloffaith Grail Done Supporter

I will do 1 of 3 builds

1 Convtic hammer
    2 Bo/Item Find barb
    3 Tele Sorc

then Smither / Lite sorc/ Bo Barb/Hdin / shape shift druid / and maybe the save and exit sin

14. Stefan Radu

Stefan Radu Member

Great topic! I'll start a necro myself cause I'm bored by playing sorc. I see a lot of summon CE which is nice but I'm curious what you guys think about Poison CE build.

15. CS_oli

CS_oli Active Member

I start with Sorc after some hours i go create my main (ama)

16. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

Starting a sorc and the necromancer is next

• Draft saved Draft deleted