New to server, have a few questions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Vaassaa, May 13, 2019.

1. Vaassaa

Vaassaa Member

Hey guys, I just joined the server after not playing d2 for like 15 years, I don't even remember much of the game itself but I had some questions that may or may not be dumb, but I genuinely didn't find the answer (apologies if it's available):

1) How are the droprates here different? I got boosted to level 80 and killed high council a few times, got 8-9 unique drops from them (some of which pretty good). I don't think this was the case in bnet. I read somewhere it's basically double here, but it still seems too much. Plus every boss seems to drop a unique.
    2) Following the last question, are uniques basically worthless? I saw people buying charms/jewels, but nobody seems to give much of a damn about them

I really liked the idea of having a server where it's about double the speed of farming, but it seems to me if you can just kit yourself & all your guys out in decent uniques within a day kills a large part of the game. But please correct me if I'm wrong and it's close to what it was in live.

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Server just has increased droprates (not % just more chance to get uniques from bosses)
    Not all uniques are worthless, though the majority kinda is unless you find some with 100% pefect stats wich are in demand by other players.
    Most players are already established and have the unique gear they looking for, They now looking for charms/jewels/rings etc to either finish or upgrade their chars.

Good guide for a new players is this: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/road-to-supersayan-in-diablo-2.540101/
    You will find some more helpfull guides in our guide section on forum. And i see you have already found our price check section.

FAQ can be found here: http://europebattle.net/d2/faq
    Tools we allow on server can be found here: http://europebattle.net/d2/tools
    And our custom server features can be found here: http://europebattle.net/d2/features

Regards.

Kefflar32, Atox, Gix and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vaassaa

Vaassaa Member

Hey thanks, yeh I found the price check thread but went down 30-40 pages and found nobody asking for any prices on uniques (hence why I asked). I was just surprised by the fact that killing almost any boss dropped 2-3 uniques, I remember in bnet you'd be lucky to get 1 unique every 10 runs.

4. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

If u have enigma and good character dont forget to farm nithalak most popular boss to grind in this server. He can drop Tyraels might,Zod etc.

offline and Gix like this.
  5. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome aboard,
    When it comes to items most of the main bosses are set to drop guaranteed uniques, therefore, the low-end unique items are meant to allow you to gear up faster for proper farming while the high-end ones can be traded to other players and bring you quite some high runes depending on the item and stats. You can still trade popular low-end uniques if they are close to perfect stats too though; items such as shako max, mara, etc are quite popular. Not all uniques are worth picking up and this isn't different from 15 years ago, besides the game isn't all about uniques but still requires effort and luck to find those good unique items. Popular places like cow, pits, chaos sanctuary, mausoleum, etc or other farming places as well as minions you encounter before main bosses are blizzlike though meaning they are not set to drop guaranteed uniques so this setting only applies to bosses of some popular areas. Also, we haven't mentioned anywhere that rates are double or the farming speed is double than normal but for example, you will be getting the same drops as in /players 8 for most areas even if you are solo farming so we are using the nodrop. Progress is relatively fast on this server when it comes to beginner's items that allow you gear up for farming as nowadays most players don't really like spending months in a 21 years old game to get good items or at least a decent enigma as you used to do in battlenet many years ago.
    By the way, people use the price check thread more for the uncommon or expensive items while the rest are usually price checked in game.

• Draft saved Draft deleted