Solved Open Loader/ Game.exe and nothing happens

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by The waifu Laifu3, Jun 11, 2018.

1. The waifu Laifu3

The waifu Laifu3 Member

I have downloaded the files and when I try to open the game (I have tried using game.exe. and Loader) game guard will load, complete loading, the cute little game guy pops up, then he will disappear and nothing happens. On a different computer that uses Windows 7 or 8 that is when the game should pop up only it does not. I am using Windows 10. I have tried changing the compatibility pack, running it as administrator, putting it on my allowable list on my firewall, and it still does not work. Has anyone got it to work on Windows 10? If so, How?

2. Gix

Gix Founder

There are many players running the game on windows 10, me included. Start by uninstalling/deleting any diablo2 clients you may have in your computer at this moment, download our portable game client and extract it under something like C:\Games or D:\Games. Create a shortcut of the Game.exe and add the "-w" parameter for window mode or run Loader.exe. You can once again set compatibility before running the game. This is what I did in 99% cases through remote assistance when someone had the very same scenario as you do.
    PS: Keep in mind to perform a clean uninstall, also remove the registry files created by the game.

Escorb4r likes this.
  3. The waifu Laifu3

The waifu Laifu3 Member

Thank you for replying so quick. How can i make sure i have done a complete and thorough uninstiall of registry files and old clients etc.?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

@The waifu Laifu3, check your folders and see if you have any other diablo2 clients installed I guess or you can use the search function for something like game.exe and it should come up with all found results. As for the uninstall of registry files, hit the "Win" key and type regedit. The registry folder you would need to delete [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II] (this is the full path, you only need to delete the Diablo II folder)

5. The waifu Laifu3

The waifu Laifu3 Member

I tried that, and I still get the same results. The game guard icon pops up and then nothing.

6. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Depending on how you installed Diablo 2 - it might not be loading the game as the "Expansion Disc" is not mounted/loaded. Mount the Expansion Disc and then try it again.

It's a little harder without seeing your config, but that is what I would try next. If you have not re-installed the game, that would be my next recommendation.

7. Gix

Gix Founder

The realm patch comes with a no-cd loader so you don't need to mount the expansion disc anymore and in case you would have to you should be getting a dialog window saying exactly that.

So you followed these steps and it didn't work?
    1. Uninstalled previous game client
    2. Reinstalled by downloading portable game version from our website and extracted contents into a new folder
    3. Compatibility and Run as Administrator set for executable files and the game folder added to exceptions list inside windows defender

Send me a private message here with a temporary contact id like skype and I'll remotely assist you.

8. The waifu Laifu3

The waifu Laifu3 Member

I had to actually download the game from the website. I assumed just downloading the patch from the google drive would all i needed. I was wrong.

• Draft saved Draft deleted