'Price check my Items' - how to avoid confusion for HC items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MMladenov, Mar 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Greetings,

I`m writing to the GM Board because of the topic 'Price check my Items' in the 'Help Desk' tab.

I`m active hardcore player here since 2014. During this time I`ve noticed that there is an issue due to the topic above.

At the 'Marketplace' tab we have 'Softcore' and 'Hardcore' option.
    But there is no 'Price check my items' option for 'Softcore' or 'Hardcore'
    The economy on softcore and hardcore is close, but there is difference between the pricing of some items.

Let`s take an example:
    - at page 888 at the topic, the first reply ('Inayat' reply), user 'Alke' asked for price check for the following items:
    Ele skiller 37 life - around 4 ber+
    Cold skiller 38 life - around 6 ber
    PNB skiller 32 life around 2 ber
    Windforce 7% ml only perfect has value
    Pala circlet +2/20fcr/1sock - around ohm to Lo

The value of the items at hardcore should look like:
    Price check please - thanks.
    Ele skiller 37 life -~3-3.5ber
    Cold skiller 38 life ~4bers
    PNB skiller 32 life ~ 2bers
    Windforce 7% ml
    ~Ohm
    Pala circlet +2/20fcr/1sock ~no value

The difference in the pricing is coming from the economy. Let`s get an example of the cold skiller where we have the biggest discrepancy.
    Cold sorc is perfect killer in PvP. But at hardcore there is not much PvP. On the other hand Lightning sorc is way more efficient at PvM. Due to this reason most of the sorc players prefer the lightning version. So the cold skillers are a little bit less expensive than in softcore.
    I can explain the pricing difference for the rest of the items if needed.

So during the years I`ve noticed that a lot of hardcore players are receiving misleading information from this forum topic. After some time they understand that the information they got is not reliable (and most of them do not use the forum again).

But I suppose that this issue can be fixed. I`ll be really happy if the GM board comes with a solution for this discrepancy.
    I can also share my suggestions:
    - suggestion 1: into the div class 'section infoBlock' (below the profile picture) include additional mandatory dl (row) - Active at : softcore / hardcore.
    So when a person posts into this topic the rest of the users will see where the player is active and give him reliable information.
    - suggestion 2: Rename the topic 'Price check my Items' into ' Price check my Items - Softcore' and create another one 'Price check my Items- Hardcore'. Both topics should be attached with 'sticky' class - so they will appear in the beginning at the 'Help desk' tab.

Thank you in advance,
    please keep me in touch, I can assist if any help is needed.

Regards

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there,
    I don't quite think you chose the right wording for your reasoning because "misleading" stands for something else, and that thread is exactly what the title says it is, an informative thread. In general, those who visit the forums of any community are usually those in need of help and from that group some of them are interested in finding out the price check for an item. From this later group, most of them are price checking softcore items while a smaller number price checks hardcore items. These people who price check an hardcore item will always mention the price checking is for the hardcore difficulty as you can see a few examples already in the mentioned thread. Most of the items price checking still happens in-game though and there, just as in here, people do mention if the item in discussion belongs to the hardcore difficulty just as they do with trades.

Obviously, as you said too, the prices between softcore and hardcore will be similar in general, but there will be quite some differences too for some items which is why the word informative is added there for. Thing is, the vast majority of the price checked items are softcore items and usually people won't mention it for every single item they are price checking since it's pretty straightforward, that only happens when the price check is asked for the hardcore difficulty and the member does mention it inside of the post he's making about the item he is interested in finding the price for. It's not like every price check that's being asked in the thread is provided twice, for both softcore and hardcore by the member answering, as that would be extremely hard to do.

Regarding your suggestions, they are good suggestions so let's discuss them:
    - Suggestion 1 is probably a no-go since people will most likely not going to pay attention to your profile to figure out if the item you are price checking is for softcore or hardcore besides, many people are playinb both SC and HC together as well.
    - Suggestion 2 is the logical resolution for this situation but then you may ask yourself why there wasn't a demand for it before? The thing is, this is the first time someone brought this up in discussion and I haven't seen anyone or received any PM about somebody being confused about a hardcore item while reading the price check thread. I'd say most people do realize that most of the items are on softcore and since they can see once in a while people mentioning they are price checking for hardcore they can tell the difference.
    There aren't very many price checks on the forums referring to hardcore items either, most of them are being asked in the main channel. If there were more hardcore price checking requests, then having two different threads would've made more sense for sure but so far this wasn't the case. Among the few requests we've had so far people simply mention the item in question is a hardcore item when they are asking for a price check and it's usually Colder or you that I've seen answering on those as obviously we cannot have inayat as a one-man show for all difficulties and items on this server.
    The question is, is it worth splitting a general thread into two separate threads based on the number of the hardcore price checking requests we are having? Even back in the days when we had more like a price list informative thread rather than a live thread as we have now, there was a single general list and not separate ones for both softcore and hardcore. What are your thoughts on that?

MMladenov likes this.
  3. MMladenov

MMladenov Well-Known Member

Everything you have said is correct. I can agree that the 'Price check my Items' is usually used mostly by softcore players.
    I just wanted somehow to prevent and protect the hardcore users from being confused.

Another example:
    Last year I saw a hardcore player, who sold his warcries skillers for vex (each), which is probably the normal price at softcore.
    But at hardcore each warcries sk worth ~sur.
    Unfortunately I logged into his game few minutes later and he was already deceived before I was able to warn him,

So for the first suggestion which I gave, probably I should have given an example:
    https://dawn7hief.tumblr.com/image/678962695079362560
    /an additional row has been added by me: 'Active at: hardcore'/
    But as you have said, probably most of the users do not pay attention to the profiles. Eventhough it`s looking simple and clear.

I came up with another suggestion which I can share /after reading your post:
    - when I`m reading information, I always read the beginning/ the first created comment/reply - so I can know what`s the topic about and how I can use it.

So, at the very first page, the 'Fcr' reply, should have, in my opinion, the information that the users should include where they are playing at (or at least the hardcore users must mention that). Marked with red or another distinguishable color.

This will help a bit, or at least it will help the users, who read before posting.

Gix likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

Indeed, it would look somewhat clean but chances that most people will pay attention (maybe excluding us, forums geeks) to that profile field are very slim besides, it can become confusing too later on if somebody decides to update its profile as well.

So far, people asking for a hardcore item price check have always mentioned in their post that they are playing hardcore for this exact reason, so their item can be price checked with the hardcore difficulty in mind. For example, we had no posts where an item was price checked as being for softcore and where the user replied afterwards that he was actually playing hardcore, just as in-game when people ask for a price check or trade they always mention if it's for HC/Hardcore within their message.

/edit Added a note for the hardcore players to the first post, although as previously mentioned those playing Hardcore have always been doing this already by default.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022