Solved Problem starting the game

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Cens, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cens

Cens Member

Hello,
    i am new here. I problem starting the game, when I follow the instructions and try to start the game I get an error: Critical error
    The file data is corruptet File:d2data,mpq.
    Can some one help me?

Ty

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello and welcome,
    I suggest doing a clean re-install of the game by following the steps below and make sure you are using the correct game version which is 1.13c

- Delete any diablo game folder you may have previously installed, multi clients and corrupted registry files are usually the root cause of game-related problems
    - Open the start menu or hit the windows key, type regedit.exe then find and delete the following folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II
    - Run DiabloII_113c_Portable and extract the game into a different folder this time, let's name it C:\Games\Diablo2Europe
    - Run EuropeBattleInstaller.exe and select your game folder or get the EuropeBattle.zip archive and replace files manually
    - Set compatibility mode to XP Service Pack 2 and check Run as Administrator for all the executable files
    - Run the game icon located on your desktop or you can manually create a shortcut of Game.exe to your desktop and run the game in window mode as shown here.

http://europebattle.net/d2/join

colder likes this.