Guide PvP Bowazon

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Gi-Joe, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Gi-Joe

Gi-Joe Senior Member

Abbreviations:
    Zon = Amazon
    WF = Windforce
    Nof Coil = Nosferatu's Coil
    SM = Slow Missile
    GA= Guided Arrow
    GMB = Grand Matron Bow
    FPS = Frames Per Second
    FPA = Frames Per Attack
    MS = Multiple Shot
    IGA = Invisible Guided Arrow
    IBS = Invisible Bone Spirit
    IAS = Increased Attack Speed
    WW = Whirlwind
    Sin = Assassin
    VIT = Vitality
    DEX = Dexterity
    STR = Strength
    Dungoes = Verdungoes Hearty Cord
    AR = Attack Rating
    LF = Lightning Fury
    LB = Lightning Bolt
    CB = Crushing Blow
    DS = Deadly Strike
    GMB = Grand Matron Bow
    DR = Damage Reduction
    CS = Critical Strike
    MULTI = Multishot
    KB = Knockback
    Desynch- de-synchronization – a form of lag that makes u think you are somewhere but to the server u are else where usually somewhere in your trail.

STATS:
    Strength: 68 (You can go less if you wish, my Amazon has 68 Base due to my ring)
    Dexterity: 290 - 310 (Depending on level and the amount of life you want.)
    Vitality: All Remaining
    Energy: Base

Explanation:
    The Amazon only needs enough strength to toss on your primary gear and any alternate gear you plan to use. If you only have one suit only add enough Strength for that suit. I invest 68 Base Dexterity because I like to be able to use gear setups without relying on War Travelers. Additionally, I use a 40 | -15 Jewel in My Stormshield. Your new bow will be a +15 Fanatacism "Faith" GMB Runeword. This bow is GODLY. It will upgrade your minimum damage levels so well and provide your amazon the ability to reach 8FPS or 7FPS if you decide to use a Nof's Coil. Remember Amazons are built off dexterity for damage. You could use the same items as my Amazon and have 150 base Dex and be doing a good 1,800-2,000 less then my Amazon.

SKILLS:
    Guided Arrow: 20
    Dodge: 14 - 18
    Evade: 17 or 20 (These are the only two options, either do 17 or do 20.)
    Avoid: 16 - 18
    Critical Strike: 20
    Multiple Shot: 1 - 4 (Read Equipment to know.)
    Strafe: 1 - 4 (Read Equipment to know, if you prefer this over Multishot put your points here.)
    Jab: 1
    Lightning Bolt: 1
    Lightning Fury: 1
    Penetrate: 1
    *Pierce: 1

Explanation:
    The Amazon is focused on getting heavy damaging hits against your target in 1.12, thus you want to max critical strike immediately! As for your dodging skills, most of 1.12 is still casters. Go for the missile attack dodging over melee and you can stand your ground vs. them for a while. As for your jab and Lightning Bolt, in hell games everyone gets -100% to your resistances, well Lightning bolt converts your physical damage to lightning making it a possible 1-4 hit KO skill. Don’t over abuse the lightning bolt since people can pick up on it fairly easy. If they do, Lightning Fury pulls the wild card again. If they re-geared to have high lightning resist, I am willing to bet they lowered their DR even further so go back to Lightning Fury and destroy them in 1-4 hits.

Additionally, Pierce does not work for arrows but it does work for Lightning Fury. The class you see the most advantage with this is against Druids. Piercing their minions and Oak Sage will go right to the Druid himself. This is very effective.

Equipment:
    Amazon set ups are based on IAS, so check out your IAS break points before getting any bright ideas.

Helmet: 3 Open Socket 30% Run Helm (make a 120 ED/45 IAS/30 IAS/30 RUN for 7FPS and a 40 ED/60 MAX/15 IAS/30 RUN for 8FPS) and you want a 95+ life 3 socket Helm for Z vs. Z.

*Amulet: Cats Eye

Armor: "Fortitude" Runeword

Shield: Storm Shield with either 40/-15 Req or 40/15 IAS

Weapon 1: Grand Marton Bow "Faith" Runeword (+15/+2/+3 Bow Skills Base)

Weapon 2: Ethereal Titans Revenge (Upgraded) or you can take the time to find Matriarchal Javelins like mine which are 368% Enhanced Damage / Adds 6 - 11 Damage / +30% Increased Attack Speed / Replenishes Quantity / Ethereal (Cannot Be Repaired) +3 to Javelin And Spear Skills (Amazon Only). Basically you want high ass throw damage. I was pushing nearly 6.1K Lightning Fury Damage with these Javelins.

Belt: Nosferatu's Coil or Verdungoes Hearty Cord

Rings: Raven Frost 250/20 and a Bitter Hold. Check out trading because I have a ring better then Bitter Hold. Over time, things get better so I am sure you can find better rings these days. If you are pretty rich then buy a ring like mine - +46 AR / +6% Life Stolen Per Hit / +25 STR / +14 DEX / +39 LIFE / Poison Resist 30%

Gauntlets: +2 to Bow Skills / 20% IAS / 10+ Dex / KB / Fire Damage Gloves

Greaves: War Travelers, Bone Nails, or Others

CHARMS:
    15-20x 3/20/3% or 3/20/5% Run/Walk Small Charms
    17-22x 3/20/20 Life Small Charms
    1 Annihilus ( has a 20/20 stat so you may need more strength)
    1 Hellfire ( Amazon is calculated with a 20/20 Stat)

Stash Equipment
    1 T-Gods
    1 Hotspur
    Shield 3x P. Topazed 1x 15 All Res / -15 Requirements (Farcasters get rolled and since your Dex is stupid high you hit max block)
    Shield 3x Um Runes 1x 15 All Res / -15 Requirements (81 all res nice in team duels vs all eles)
    Rare + Dex Boots with Cold and Lightning Resistance
    1x 'Harmony" Bow Runeword
    1 Five Socket Matriarchal Bow with 4x "Um" Runes 1x 15/15 Jewel or 1x "Nef" Rune and +3 to Bow and Corssbow Skills with 15% Enhanced Damage OR Six Socket Crusader Bow with 4x "Um" Runes 2x 15/15 All Res Jewels and 15% Enhanced Damage

And Some : :)
    *Gauntlets- Most people like to use +2 to passive and magic. But do not use these. They do not do anything. If you use my Skill Allocation it leaves you with gaining +1% Critical Strike and +1% Evade off of +2 Passive Gloves. Thats it, thats all it does. It does not save you skills unless you invest into useless skills or need a lvl 20 Multiple Shot (WHICH YOU DON'T). Use the +2 Bow Skills. On my Amazon I gain 198 Damage from +2 Bow Skills. If you build your zon differently then maybe the +2 Passive Skills will take you further but in the end, you should have the skill investment I have. Also, the Fire Damage is used for Jav Mode, it creates nice stun in melee modes and when you land a Critical Hit with Stun your target is so heavily hit you will see an instant win for you. Also keep in mind you need 99% IAS for 4.5 FPA Jab and 89% IAS on Javs switch for 9 FPA Throw in order to keep your target locked between throws once a target is stunned. Fire Damage stun reduces a targets block to 0% so if you can land another hit prior to the target recovering from stun, you instantly stun lock them at 0% Block. THAT MEANS THEY FUCKING DIE !

MadVisions likes this.
  2. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

This is a good build.

Gi-Joe likes this.
  3. Gi-Joe

Gi-Joe Senior Member

Thank You.

4. D2GoForBroke

D2GoForBroke Supporter

You might want to explain that the damage modifier on War Travs gets enhanced with Fortitude. Some people might not understand why you are using War Travs.

I don't know if Fortitude is legal in ZvZ matches... rules on this server are debated quite a bit.

You could also mention how to BM someone with Lacerator + Swordback weapon switch. Its pretty damn funny having 33% proc chance for amp damage along with 83% chance for Open wounds on your arrows ;D

5. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

hahah no lance bm pls :p

decent guide, Forty is GM in eu as faar as i remember... not on east nl tho

6. Gi-Joe

Gi-Joe Senior Member

• Draft saved Draft deleted