Question about 3es Base (Memory Base)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Olszax, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Olszax

Olszax Active Member

Hello,
    I Was looking it for couple of days, but prolly , no one got it yet , (or no one is even picking it). Question to experienced players or Admins (bcs of diffrent loot chance here), where is BEST PLACE to drop it on this server? I rly need 9es Memory, but no idea where i should farm it. Its even hard to drop ANY staff- so wondering how to drop 4 sox 3 es. Feel free to comment. Looking for solve this theme.

2. Cave

Cave Well-Known Member

I found all of them in Hell Cows or in Chaos Sanctuary (previous ladder). Lower your mf as low as possible (ideally 0) and go for high density monster areas. Don't hesitate picking up staff without sockets; if the staff itself has max sockets of 4, Larzurk will do the job of socketing.

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  3. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

There was a drop calculator that I found some time ago, that included an option to choose staffmods, but I cannot locate it any longer. It is not the german Indiablo version, but another one, web-based and with a D2 act 2 look and feel. Please share it it you happen to find it.

4. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

Just do hell cows... It'll drop eventually, besides you'll get some other goodies to. Low mf

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    colder likes this.
  5. sphinx25

It was not a drop, but an affix calculator that I had remembered. It contains some options for staffmods, but unfortunately it is only built for magic and rare items, not for whites, so it is not of much use to your quest.
    However, by searching for "d2 staffmod calculator", I came across a d2jsp link and a post from Quorra, who is a very knowledgeable person in all of D2 (author of Crafting book, D2 item qlvl and many others). Here's the link: https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67041534&f=87; according to him, ES (tier 5) can spawn on items with ilvl >= 25. So best approach is to use drop calc, to see where staves drop most often, configure and use BH maphack to show them on map and then go farming with a fast killer. NM cows would be my bet (guess you're pretty loaded with items / runes if you're looking for ES staff 2 weeks after reset).

6. Olszax

Olszax Active Member

1st of all thx for many answers. I read that vendors cant have it. I will make as a target try farm it myself, but if anyone drop it u know how to find me :) GL HF

Tzutzu79 likes this.
  7. sphinx25

Vendors only sell magic items starting with act3 normal, so it's out of the question.
    Try farming even normal act 4-5 with a 0mf char, to get as many whites as possible. Set your BH maphack cfg to show (and notify) all staves with +3 to tier 5 staffmods (as from the d2jsp post), to verify that it is indeed possible.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2020, Original Post Date: Mar 5, 2020 ---
    I can confirm that I found 3 BO helm in normal chaos today. BO is a tier 5 staffmod, same as ES, so that's a place to consider starting.

Atox likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted