Question about Lightning builds

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Ivan Dimitrov, May 16, 2020.

1. Ivan Dimitrov

Ivan Dimitrov Well-Known Member

Hello everybody , i have question about Light sorc and Javazon build :
    - Does the Crescent Moon runeword provides more damage per second than Eschuta 3/20 ( if you have enaught skillers already) ? I was thinking to test it in 8 plp game , how many attacks will kill Baal for example or to put enaught resists and absorbs to my smiter and try killing him with both weapons ...
    - Does the Razortail belt is better than Thundergod ( reaching 100% piercing attack ) ?
    Please share your knowledge and have a great weekend .

2. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

Ivan Dimitrov likes this.
  3. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

1. CM vs. Eschuta 3/20 + 5/5: short answer - CM is much better, as long as you meet the 117% FCR breakpoint from the rest of the gear. There is a comparison - CM vs. HOTO, in the link provided above by @Tzutzu79; the difference between HOTO and Eschuta is that you gain an additional 25% to lightning skill damage (which is added to the 5xx-6xx% that you have, fully geared, so some 4-5% more from total, which is not very significant), and an additional -5% to enemy lightning resistance. With CM, you have -30% to enemy lightning resistance more than Eschuta, which translates into higher effective damage (after calculations), especially for lightning immunes with immunity broken from Convi.
    1.a. If you're thinking of using CM on smiter and Eschuta on sorc, it won't work as you expect. The -35% will only apply to lightning damage done by the character that wields (equips) CM, not for other chars. It is different from Infinity, which has the Convi lvl 12 aura, meaning that the -elemental resists will apply to all monsters in the AoE (area of effect). If you have something else in mind, please detail.
    2. Razortail vs. TGod: short answer - Razortail is better if you're using your javazon in crowded areas (such as Cow Level). Assuming you will have lvl 9 Pierce (from hard points + extra skills + passive skillers), which is 69% Pierce + 33% from Razortail, you will get 102% Pierce, effectively 100% (anything over 100 is discarded). This means that Pierce will work at full effectiveness, i.e. each bolt will hit 5 targets with full damage (initial hit + 4 additional hits from 100% pierce).
    With Tgod, if you go with the same lvl 9 Pierce (for comparison), you will get 69% pierce. Let's assume you have lvl 39 LF (totally feasible with full gear and some skillers) - 40 bolts released on attack.
    You get 40 on the first check, then 40*.69 = 27.6 (27) on 2nd, 27*.69 = 18.63 (18) on 3rd, 18*.69 = 12.42 (12) on 4th, and 12*.69 = 8.28 (8) on 5th check. That's 40+27+18+12+8 = 105 bolts hitting with full damage. Compare that to 37 (3 less than Tgod) * 5 = 185 bolts, for Razortail, even though with slightly less damage.
    Another aspect is that Razortail has +10 to max dmg, something easily missed. If you go with War Travs and high ed Phoenix, plus high % Critical Strike (with Highlord's, of course), you may end up doing more damage with Razortail than with Tgod, in addition to more bolts, see above.

The only pluses of Tgod over Razortail are the str + vita bonuses and the lightning absorb.

4. Ivan Dimitrov

Ivan Dimitrov Well-Known Member

Thank you for your answers .
    I equipped my smiter with 2 wisp rings , T God belt and death mask helm for high L absorb and dueled him with my Light Sorc .
    It takes more than 15 lightning skill attacks to kill him with eschuta and less than 10 with CM runeword. I've managed to hit fcr break point easy with ring amulet and gloves .
    I've thinking to reset my Javazon cause I bought griffons and templars ( previous equip was Andy visage and COH) and I wanted to fully benefit from gear just wondering what was better T God or razors but now I have no doubt that 100 %pierce is much better than just little more dmg and stats points from t god .
    Yes I'm using phoenix ,highlord for the 55 ias BP (20 from gloves and 15 ias jwl on griffons) . Will try with war travels but fire res will down to 30 when remove the aldurs. Still looking for that 30 frw 3 resist boots .
    Thank you for the answers . Have a great time playing and exploring the game.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  5. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

You're welcome.
    If you're doing solo 8p games, for exp mainly, best setup is smiter with high lvl Convi (25+), static with sorc to 1/2 of Baal's hp, then Charged Strike with javazon and he's down in 3-5 hits.

• Draft saved Draft deleted