Question for SummNec Runner

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by fuckcox, Jul 6, 2022.

1. fuckcox

fuckcox Senior Member

Hello guys! I have one question about summon necro. Do i need magic find on my necro runner, and if i need how much i need? I find runes and some charms but no tms, grifs, coronas and other. Now i have mf only from enigma, if i need what items should i put on him.
    Thanks ahead!

2. Nechifor

Nechifor Senior Member

Hi,
    On my necro, I had about 370 mf.
    Found one necro TM in WSK and a Death's Web from Nila. Also a M'avina diadem in WSK.
    I have upped it to 450, no relevant drops so far.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2022, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2022 ---
    I have Hoto + 35 fcr Spirit to reach the 75 fcr breakpoint.
    Shako + Ist
    Enigma
    Mara
    Chance 40 mf
    Goldwrap
    War Travellers
    2 Nagels 30 mf
    Gheed 40 mf
    The rest comes from small charms

Gix, Kefflar32 and fuckcox like this.
  3. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

Best Answer
    Depends on what you're running. If you're doing act bosses mainly, then there's no need to add more MF, since act bosses are set up (on this server) to drop unique versions of the base items that they drop (so, if Nihlathak drops a sacred armor, it will be unique, since he is able to drop both TM versions - green and blue).
    If you're clearing areas before getting to bosses, in my opinion you should stick to MF gain from Enigma, maybe add 50 from a Shako (if you have a gear combo that meets the BP's that you're aiming for). The reason is this: chances of regular / champion / unique mobs to drop a unique Weap87 or Armor87 item are so very-very tiny, that it makes no real matter whether you run with 95 MF or 350 MF, the difference won't be really noticeable.
    To prove my point:
    1. I've had such drops from map mobs with my 0 MF light sorc (most of them I posted in the Best find section); Griffon x 3, green TM x 1, Steelrends, Dancers x 2, DW and others, all with ilvl 85-88.
    2. If you're curious about statistics, as I was), you can tweak you maphack to show base items and see how (in)frequently they drop.

TL;DR stick with MF from Enigma and go for kill speed, rather than MF %. If you want a specific item, the best way to get it is through trading, play the game with no expectations in terms of drops and be pleasantly surprised when they occur. But if you insist that a specific item drops, then patience is the key, as well as luck.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Blessedone, Gix, colder and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted