Removing Firestorm casting chance from Torch and Phoenix

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FallFromGrace, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallFromGrace

FallFromGrace Senior Member

Hello!

I am suggesting removing* Firestorm skill from Hellfire Torch, and maybe from Phoenix runeword too.
    I am not entirely convinced about Phoenix, becaue it is not something You "need" to have, it is palyers choice. Hellfire Torch on the other hand was made (at last I think so) to buff up every character in game (since it has a bonus to all characters skills and doesn't have any requirements - beside level req.).

My motivation is:
    - It can slow down whole game (it rarely happens, but still).
    - This thing was always annoying for me whenever I was playing *autoattcking*character, like:
    Zealot, Kicksin, Blade Fury-sin, Bowazon, etc.. .
    Most of the time I was just dropping the idea of having torches on those characters because of Firestorms casting time (on Hardcore it can bring You down by getting stun locked / not being able to get away / makes You unable to knockback enemies (bow users), or just decreases Your overall DPS).

In PVP it is similar. Imagine Kicksin or Bowazon who would start casting Firestorm in duel - instant death.

As we all know (unless You have never played a mele character ;)) When Firestorm is being casted, character can not use any other skills (icons are becoming red.. in some cases bloody-red..).

Right now, Torches are more like caster-only items, which aint fair IMO. :p

*or changing it with something else (w/o casting time)..., and since both items have something to do with fire element, then maybe low level Fireball.

So what do You all think?

PS. I do know, it was suggested in 2013, here: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/suggestions-for-a-better-experience.527537/#post-748902, but never actually talked over, since ppl there were focused on OPs custom items suggestions.