Respectable rules for Baal Runs (PVM)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AnioŁ, Jul 31, 2015.

1. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

Hi folks!

I believe this forum/realm needs to constitute some BH rules. I have played lots of baal runs and have done massive amount of chaos runs, either (Honi -98th lvl barb). I did also see some nasty situation during baal runs, when people argued and were giving names to each other( i.e. when 93rd lvl is making cs while there are 2 or 3 98lvl chars in game). Therefore, my suggestion is to respect and write some rules (make sticky thread), concerning this notion. There are 13 substantial rules:

1) It's an international server, that's why we use English during baal runs, so everyone can understand us.

2) Exp-Shrines (ES) are only for chars which are level 97 and 98, first ES goes to the highest level, please ask the hoster before taking one, even with 98.

3) We do Baalruns, and not MF-Runs. You can do Eld or Shenk, if the hoster accepts it. Eld or Shenk must be done if the player doesn’t need more time to kill them than the teler needs to get to throne.

4) Nihla is a nice extra EXP for lvl 97+. Ask before doing him, and be careful with the nihla townportals. Nihla TP’s are always dangerous!

5) If you want to make Diablo, please ask the hoster, if it’s free. Be so kind, and invite lvl 97+ to Diabloparty(DP). But maximum 3 players can be at Diablo.

6) The CSer makes CS for the high-levels and he should invite lvl 97+ to DP (max. 3 players in CS). Items in whole CS are for the CSer. The CSer can leave DP, to get a 3rd high-lvl into CS,but that’s his choice. Always ask if you can join DP.

7) Please ask if you are allowed to use ondals. Btw, you can’t hide the ondals. Don’t try to fool all people and wear an Ondal-Look-a-Like.

8) Ask before leeching.

9) It’s nice if you search ES for high-lvls in act 1, but please ask the hoster if he doesn’t need you in throne. The best way is to tell the hoster for which player you hunt it.

10) Wait for a break before trading. Trades aren’t supposed to be done in baalruns. It is an EXP game, NOT a TRADE game, try it with whispers in the channels

11) Don’t overact with torchfire, summons, warcries and meteor, the game could crash. Watch your torches. IF Java is in-game, other melee characters have to be careful with torch not to trigger it. Never use meteor when melee / java are in-game. Barbs with high FCR and BO should not spam warcries while wave is on floor.

12) If you make a townportal, don’t ever do it in the middle of the throne where the waves spawn. Best practise is to make it in the corner or on the right side.

13) Thank you if you tele to the throne, but tell if your townportal is unsafe or if many strong enemies are near it.

It's an international server, that's why we use English during baal runs, so everyone can understand us.

Regards and see you in baal runs! :tongue:

2. Endotoxin

Endotoxin Supporter

Most of these rules are ridiculous. You are getting the xp bonus from the full 8 player game and you want to dictate what they can do while in a public game?

If they aren't pking or flaming, I see no problem with someone jumping into a bh and leeching with his ondal's while eating a sandwich.

If you're really concerned about getting every last bit of xp and are annoyed when people aren't helping then just load 8 of your own characters with the loader and run private baal's

Candor and Gix like this.
  3. Candor

Candor Active Member

bad idea - it is GOOD for you if others do not accept "party" and enter game to farm or whatever they want to do, you will get MORE exp. so you should say "thx" to guys if they farm in game without party and do not interfere with BR.
    the best exp - if you kill minions without ppl in your party, but even if 1-2 ppl just stand in the game (whithout party) players will get more exp from monsters.

"Please ask if you are allowed to use ondals" lol? for example sorc can use ondal without meaningful losses of damage (only 2 skill with the same ~120 fcr) i ussually use ondal and kill waves and baal with ondal in my own Brs - it takes the same time. 1-2 ppl enough to kill waves, so others can stay with ondal.
    13) r u afraid of difficulties? it's just a game, and hot tp is part of game, just have fun ;)

4. bored

bored Active Member

Just make private baal runs...nobody is gonna give a flyin f*ck about all these rules.Only suggestion I like is that english be used it's annoyin to read all the peasant dialect.

5. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

They are not "Ridiculous rules at all (although,I admit that 7,8,and 11 are unnecessary).In fact,I had planned on posting something very similar but Aniot beat me to it.I think these rules need to be implemented into BH Runs simply to keep the squabbling/arguing/hostilities down.I Personally am tired of seeing people arguing in BH Runs,and think it needs to come to an end.we need to all just play,and get along....

[MENTION=27603]bored[/MENTION] I would be careful if I were you about insulting other peoples languages.the majority of people here do indeed speak English,it is not,nor has it ever been a "Peasant Language",and the reason the English rule is implemented,is so we can all understand each other.So be careful with the insults,please.

AnioŁ likes this.
  6. AnioŁ

AnioŁ Active Member

Endotoxin - sorry mate but you are so funny, the example with sandwich is ridiculous, btw. normal people eat in the kitchen, not in front of the laptop (like a slob), so your justification is so shallow.

Candor- you say that i should thank others who do mf runs during baal runs? Private games are to do so, and when you're are farming in bh game you stake out a place to another person who would like to exp, so another poor justification.

Ok, maybe I did exaggerate with some rules but I still stick to my opinion, this realm needs rules. I hope sb will do something with it.

7. Endotoxin

Endotoxin Supporter

Haha. So if I go buff in cold plains and see an xp shrine I can't use it? Count me out.

And the sandwich example was just that, an example. Could've said doing spreed sheets in another tab.

On another note, implementing these rules is feeble at best and banning people because of them (or just even threatening) will undoubtedly drive people away and suck the fun out of the game. This is a game. No one want to load up a video game after a hard day of work and have to follow more rules there than they did at work.

If someone cries and moans about trivial stuff like that it's on them.

8. Gix

Gix Founder

Actually this server has rules ever since it started. The basic rules of a d2 server and some common sense pvp rules are more than enough. I never seen a server with separate rules just for baal and you would be naive to think that someone would respect the ones you listed. Also you are asking for us to ban people for using non-english inside of a game ... I mean really? The main channel english rule is more than enough, anything besides that is just madness otherwise we can already start banning atleast half of the server according to the rules you listed there and this won't ever happen.

These common sense unspoken rules that apply to any game give you the chance to avoid hosting a game with a certain player you don't like for some reason but not banning him. If this game didn't had a private room option then things would have been different but it's not the case here so if you want to get the best out of a baal run go for a private game. There are many people that either call their friends or simply use the chat to call other people for private bh runs.

You tell others in this thread that their justification is poor but that is because you think for yourself. These are being seen by others as your own personal bh rules and such thing cannot be applied anywhere except of a private game where you can set your own rules and simply reject people who don't respect them but this isn't going to happen into a public game for the reasons others have already told you.

@Endotoxin said it all. You can't dictate people what to do as long as they don't pk or flame you inside of a game so you should go for private baals or run baal games with your friends just as people always did in this game.

That's right. By the way, easy on the insults as @Mpmeyers told you. It's an international server, that means people all over the world join here. They don't ask you to speak russian or any other foreign language either and humanity is already dumb enough to speak different languages instead of a global language and I doubt you can change that.

Creating more rules to backup standard rules of this game will eventually lead to 0 bh pubic games anyway. It's a game, people will always argue and you should get used to it. You can't ban someone for arguing or for going hostile against you without pking you and leaving the next second. They are common sense unspoken rules, I agree, but they become ridiculous the moment you expect to ban people for that and that is the reason why no other server has them. Private games is the answer here.

Totally agree, unless people want to kill this game even more and end up playing alone on the server with some weird rules.

Remember people, this is a gaming server, not a prison.
    If you wish to follow your own rules I suggest you go for a private game instead, after all this game has both the public and private option when it comes to creating rooms.

9. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

i wouldnt call it rules but something to consider. its nice if a lower level character would pass the exp shrine to a 97+ but it shouldnt be restricted to 97+ only. (only an example, dont want to go into every detail).
    leechers are fine as long as the whole party isnt leeching. if you have a problem with leechers i have an easy solution which is to hire people to run private runs with you.

so all in all my opinion is that rules arent necessary for baalruns since there is a solution for everything anyway.

Mpmeyers likes this.
  10. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

@Aniot Well,I must be a slob because I do sometimes eat while doing BH Runs :p...lol

• Draft saved Draft deleted