some ideas for craft

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andrey85123, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrey85123

andrey85123 Member

Hi all! I propose to make craft easier and more intuitive

1. as since all gems transform to perfect gems, i propose replace all gems to an perfects

2. create GemCollector for collect in them perfect gems and used in craft and magic reroll recipes, eg:

GemCollector + X gems -> GemCollector +X energy
    reroll: any magic item + GemCollector -> new magic item + GemCollector -3 energy
    blood ring craft: magic ring + Sol Rune + any jewel + GemCollector -> new craft ring + GemCollector -1 energy
    socket armor: white armor + Tal Rune + Thul Rune + GemCollector -> socket armor + GemCollector -1 energy
    etc...

[current bags very inconvenient as need extract one by one gem, but if their are 1000+?]

p.s. sorry my for bad english, i use google translate :)

Fima likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

1. That will be available in the upcoming patch update as it's already been mentioned in an existing thread.

2. This may look easy and simple but it's not as it has been discussed before in a suggestions thread where some sort of solution was provided by one of our players.
    The biggest problem is maintaining the charm ilvl because at this point any charm you will be rolling will be assigned a fixed ilvl after the reroll and that's not how it should work. So if you would be rolling a ilvl 72 charm for example, the result will be a newly generated charm with a fixed close range level that has been decided by us even before the transmute happend, it won't be the same charm that we initially placed into the cube and intended to reroll. I did some research and asked for some opinions, it seems this requires code editing in order to maintain the proper ilvl because adding the gem bag is what makes this difficult here since it occupies the first input slot where the charm should be and if you don't do that then you won't be able to take off mods from it meaning you cannot get the gems out of the bag and the recipe looses it's purpose. I'm not sure the temporary item idea will work well even if one will be created for every single charm type + every ilvl + every rarity meaning magic, rare and unique in order to preserve the ilvl so this is more complicated than it looks and requires more brainstorming and some advanced CE editing knowledge.

If you or anyone else knows how to properly code edit a function that allows rerolling directly from a gembag AND preserves the charm ilevel exactly as the original rerolling recipe does then send me a PM so we can add it to our future patch updates.

Due to game limits you can output only 3 items so the cube cannot generate more than 3 items unless an item is stacked but then there is the unstacking problem. Current bags are so popular because you won't need a dozen mule characters to store thousands when you can do that with a single bag that takes one cell of your inventory, you won't have to drop trade them or take one by one and place them in a trade window so you can safely trade a thousand gems now through trade window and you won't have to drop them on the ground while crafting either. Considering that in the next update you will be able to cube 80 gems at once of any type and extract them directly as perfect you will already save transmuting time for each gem as well as saving time to constantly move pgems from mule characters to inventory/cube/stash so that's as good as it gets right now.