Solved Some strange issue with key "D" on the keyboard

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Balian of Ibelin, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Balian of Ibelin

Balian of Ibelin Active Member

Hi all !
    I apologise for not being able to find a similar topic, but I am encountering something that might be defined as a strange, at least.
    Whenever I am in a game and press the button "D" it backs me to the server at the beginning (after I have logged in and have to option to enter chat or create/join a game) It is the same as if I have pressed ESC button and choose "SAVE AND EXIT". This happens even in important moments, so it's annoying...
    If I am in a Single Player game, whenever I press "D" it will "SAVE AND EXIT GAME" automatically and get me back to the main menu.. As if all this wasn't present before, I don't know.
    If someone might assist me to solve it, I would be grateful !

I found it. It is in the configuration file. Now, the question is, how should I fix it in order not to ruin the whole file... ? Can I change it to another key freely ? What should I type in ""Quick Next Game Key: VK_d"" in order to use F12. How can I put it properly ? F_12 or ?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there,
    This is a maphack setting which you can modify or disable by editing the d2hackmap.cfg file with any text editor. Open it and look for the following line: Quick Next Game Key: VK_d
    Replace d with a different key or uncomment the line to completely disable the function. Always check the features and options of the 3rd party tools you are using.

3. Balian of Ibelin

Balian of Ibelin Active Member

By uncommenting you mean to delete/remove the text after the ":", right ?. All should be like "Quick Next Game Key:", when I want just to disable it, I guess ? I apologise again, maybe the whole topic should be part of the general integrated-STING discussion. I just didn't realise it at the beginning :D

4. Gix

Gix Founder

You uncomment a line by adding // in front of it such as //Quick Next Game Key: VK_d but you can simply replace d with a different key as well.

• Draft saved Draft deleted