Guide STING Maphack Configuration Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Gix, May 8, 2016.

1. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

Yes i copy the entire cfg file.

2. palank

palank Senior Member

i just want to see super mana pots, so i've hidden them.
    The fact is that i can't see mana pots anyway

Well, i don't know what's wrong with my maphack then

3. Nopik

Nopik Game Master

palank and Kefflar32 like this.
  4. kahi

kahi Member

i want runes (22+) apear to be green on the map. but it always stays black - with every color code i use.
    any help?

5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

You will want to add something like this into your CFG file...and you will need to make sure there is not another listing for the same item code, as it will overwrite this one, you only need one.

Rune Colours[22+]: Green,0x77 <------------ Will make Runes 22 and higher with a green name, and appear dark green on map

Rune Colours[1-21]: -1,-2 <----Hides all names and map indicators for Runes 1-21 (Change as desired obviously)

6. kahi

kahi Member

ahhh i guess thats the issue then. didnt know you cant use a color only for 1.
    thanks a lot.

RandAlThor likes this.
  7. LqnDo

LqnDo Active Member

Can someone please show me the row where i can display all rare claws, doesn't matter if they are normal elite or exceptional

8. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Assassin Claws are Item codes 176-196. If you are trying to highlight them specially, use something like this:
    Item Colours[176-196][6]: Red, 0x62 <---Red Name, Red Map Indicator, This code would affect only Rare claws

Kefflar32 and LqnDo like this.
  9. LqnDo

LqnDo Active Member

Thanks a bunch! Thats what i needed!

Kefflar32 and RandAlThor like this.
  10. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Hi ppl!

I found no info about 1.13c essences (all 4 for the absolution token). What to write into d2hackmap.vcb file?

11. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

I don't know the item #'s that sting would use for them; these item codes should work fine however. Also, you need to edit the .CFG file, not VCB
    Twisted Essence of Suffering: tes
    Charged Essence of Hatred: ceh
    Burning Essence of Terror
    : bet
    Festering Essence of Destruction
    : fed

ameth likes this.
  12. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Thx for short item names. That is all the hard part. Others are easy. For Sting MH, original names are good enough, and index numbers are just next numbers in order. Right now, I have this in my "d2hackmap.vcb" on the end of Misc items / start of Monsters:
    In theory, it should color those names to orange, and mark ground items with yellow mark on the map. Anyone feels so, post here test results.

13. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Remove your first quote of coding entirely...it does nothing. For your 2nd quote, switch the names to the actual item codes...fed,ceh,etc.. Also it is 0x6f for Yellow, not 0xa8. You can also use 8 instead of orange for color if you want.

Item Colours[tes,ceh,bet,fed]: 8, 0x6f

ameth likes this.
  14. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I found some map color codes in this topic on page 6, link-> http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/sting-maphack-configuration-guide.537869/page-6

Problem is: 0xa8 and 0x6f seems a dark red color. 0x20 seems a light orange. Just tested in act1 norm. Something is not right with those map colors. Any idea?

15. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

My first thought is that you might be using the config file that came with the download. If it is full of asian(or other) characters/gibberish, I'm willing to bet it has other entries listed for that item. Or other options that are interfering with it. I know for example it has a seperate file it uses: Item_Info_Eng.cfg...that has all its own options also.

I recently changed my small charms from purple map indicator to yellow to test this before this post. There are no issues with the map color codes.

Was: 0x9b [​IMG] Now: 0x6f [​IMG]

Edit: I don't know if the cfg file itself is the issue, or the addons the chinese cfg file uses. However, I had issues myself using the one with the addon files: Item_Info_Eng.cfg, and Item_Info_Chi.cfg. I just chose to delete them, they only added cube recipes and such on screen anyways.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  16. ameth

ameth Senior Member

@RandAlThor I did not find any suspicious config file in the folder of my hackmap. There are a lot of download links on this site. So to wrap it up, plz, tell me the exact link, from where to download the same maphack, that you have downloaded and using right now?

As I remember, mine is from here -> ( http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/diablo-ii-client-maphack-autoteleport-glide.531601/ ) "Diablo II Map Hack: Download or Mirror Download - Feel free to modify the d2hackmap.cfg file to your preffered settings and configuration". The link there downloaded a "D2MapHack.zip" file with the length of 2 418 265 bytes. Inside, I found "MH by Sting" / "Default (Recommended)" / "Default" / <hackmap stuff here>. I renamed that whole "Default" folder, moved it into my D2 game folder, and customizing those d2hackmap.vcb & d2hackmap.cfg files there. And colors - I found - are different.

17. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

The CFG file you mentioned should be fine. It is the same one I use, just edited to my own liking of course. The problem is coming from your item state being shown then.
    Look for this line in the config file: Default Item Show Mode : 0 <----Change the 0 to a 1

ameth likes this.
  18. ameth

ameth Senior Member

COOL! You are the best! :)

Color codes are working now. It seems, there are important basics of the hackmap's configuration, was not covered in details enough on this website. There are lines in my config file around:
    Where can I find more details about results of these lines?

What I would do, is customizing my drop list, so I always see only items on the ground, I am interested in. I dropped some lines into my config file, like:
    I played a bit around, and it seems, hackmap processes those config lines in that order, they are in the config file. So I start with everything to hide, then I list exceptions, it will show only items, I listed. For example "-1" make the item to show up with its basic color. The problem is, there are items, not supposed to show up, still, they show up. Typically unique items. I cannot hide them. And I was not able to figure out, why? Now, I have a clue, there are implicit configuration setups for those items, and some of configurations give additional lines, interfering with mine. I wanna turn it off.

So in nutshell: where can I find more details of the config file than in the topic here -> ( http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/sting-maphack-configuration-guide.537869/ ) ?

19. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

There is quite a bit of info around these forums if you (not to sound rude) use the search function. Many people have asked various questions such as yourself and gotten replies that may be helpful, although it wont be in an official thread. As always, google and any links that are still alive can be helpful also.

I will however do my best to save you some time and answer what I can....
    All of these functions follow the following format: Name: 0 or 1, -1 or VK_SOMETHING
    0 or 1 is for Disabled or Enabled // -1 or VK_SOMETHING is for no hotkey or hotkey

Hidden Items Toggle: 0, VK_G <----Temporarily disables maphack filter to allow you to grab item that may be hidden. Currently set to key "G" on keyboard. Default Set to OFF
    Switch Item Show Mode: -1
    <-----Don't know why it's -1...is either 0=off or 1=on - can then also set hotkey like above: 0,VK_K would mean off by default, but can toggle with "K" key.
    Default Item Show Mode : 1
    <------Cycles between 3 view modes: 0,1,2 - it's something like 0 is show basic items and info, 1 is show full maphack info, 2 is show maphack info minus filters
    Show Identified Item : 1, -1
    <----- Whether to show item after you've ID'ed and dropped it.
    Show Base Stat: 1, -1
    <----It will show most basic item info,

And you have the layout backwards essentially...the cfg always reads from top down. So if you want to use a code like ItemColour[All], put it at the bottom. This would mean anything you put above it gets first priority. Anything not in that list above it, falls into the all category at the bottom; and is hidden.

Uniques won't be hidden using something like -1 if i remember right....-1 just means default. Use -2 instead. Names don't have a -2 code, so instead it ignores the name, and goes straight to the map indicator -2, which is hidden.

You can quickly complete your entire configuration in 10 minutes or so if you group them together and save yourself the headache of listing them out like you currently are.
    Here are two small code snippets from my config you are free to use if you wish. It will give you an idea of how you can group them.

ItemColours[1001-1026,1028-131,1044-1050,1052-1054,1056-1067,1069-1079,1090,1092-1102,1108-1112,1118-1120,1133-1134,1136,1139-1141,1143-1144,1161-1162][1-5]:-2 // Hide Crud Armor

ItemColours[0-29,31-64,69-88,94-157,162-186,191-192,197-200,202-209,211-220,222-225,227-233,237-253,265-271,273-276,282-286,292-295,304-306][1-5]:-2 // Hide Crud Weapons

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  20. ameth

ameth Senior Member

@RandAlThor There are some tricky parts of the hackmap. Google found not a much about to me. For example, I cannot hide low runes. They are always there, colored to orange. My only row in the .cfg file is: "Item Colours[All]: -2". Still, runes are there. Is there a way to hide runes?

• Draft saved Draft deleted