Solved Sting MH NextGame button

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by ameth, Dec 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameth

ameth Senior Member

People use integrated MH on this realm. Not sure how many of us uses the Sting's one. Others might not notice. Not sure if the case connected to Sting's MH or the server cluster design bought it on the table.

The problem. There is a quick next game button in the config file ("Quick Next Game Key") that helps games of a run to number them continuously (for example "bh-1", then "bh-2" and so on). When I hit it, the actual game ends, and I can go to the create game screen with game name / pass already filled. It worked rock-solid in the previous ladder. Now, in many cases (not always) I find blank name / pass field.

Could others confirm plz?

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

This works fine for me, its "D" button on my cfg.
    Just tried making 25 consecutive games using "D" button and works fine.

Gix, Nopik and Atox like this.
  3. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

For me, it works as an 'exit game' key. But it may be related to the fact that I have not defined a 'Default game name' or password. Check if you have the same and filling in game name (+ reload cfg) solves the problem.

Gix likes this.
  4. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Found these in my d2hackmap.cfg file:

Default Game Name: ""
    Default Game Password: ""

So yes, they are the default. But that does not mean the behavior is not glithcy.

Try this plz:
    -create a game like "bk-1"
    -hit the quick next game button
    -go to your create game screen
    -check whether game name is prefilled as "bk-2"

5. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

I had tested the Quick Next Game Key: with the default game name and password and without and it's working with no issues, the only thing with no game name and password is that you have to input game name and password for the first game, after that it would automatically fill then next game for you. Also make sure you don't use the other command Quick Exit Game Key:
    So for example in my config is like this

Quick Next Game Key: VK_R //Instant exit the game and it will remember the game and add +1 for the next one EX: If your current game is Sting1 when using this feature next one will be Sting2
    Quick Exit Game Key: -1 //Instant exit the game

Gix and Nopik like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Wouldn't be the first time you changed something within your maphack settings and then certain features stop working correctly, you may want to check if you made any previous changes or eventually use a pre-made loot filter. Since this is a 3rd party software it could not be related to the server cluster design therefore, it can only be software related and mostly config related.

PS: The game name should always follow the format <Name*><Number> if you wish for the next one in line to be filled automatically.

Nopik likes this.
  7. sphinx25

Without testing, I can tell that it is working as expected. Here's why:
    The 'Quick next game' key, when pressed, triggers 2 successive actions: 1. exit current game; 2. create next game, by taking what is in 'Default Game Name' and adding 1.
    If that string is null, action 2 will fail, so it will only perform exit game. That's my take, with some basic understanding of programming, and without testing. You are interested in this, so you should do the testing and report back :).

8. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Today morning I had like 3 times glitch in a row, since then, I cannot reproduce the error. If I find the way, I will report it. It might be related to multiboxing. Clients are connected somehow, not sure of the reason, or the exact way.

I had no this line in my config until now, thx for the idea :) I included it.

9. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

The only possible reason I can think of is that you may inadvertently disable the maphack with a key while exiting with quick next game key.
    I made a couple experiments and when i reload the config and exited the game with my selected key for quick exit, I find blank name / pass field as you describe.

Gix and Nopik like this.
  10. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Is there a hotkey for such a function?

11. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

@ameth:
    Open your configuration file and check the line: Reload Config Key: - This command is responsible for enabling / disabling the maphack itself.
    You may incidentally hit it while you play. This is the only reason I can think of such a problem. If the problem persists and there is no clear cause, it is a good idea to change your configuration file.

Gix likes this.
  12. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

@ameth please post your config in a spoiler so we can have a better look at it

Gix likes this.
  13. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I have reload key:
    Reload Config Key: VK_R
    It is quite close to keys 1-2-3-4 where I drink potions from belt. It is possible, I accidentally hit it in the game.

My "d2hackmap.cfg" is 1055 lines long / 47 Kbyte. Are you sure you want it all?

14. sphinx25

Man, you really need to make use of the vcb file and condense it, by 50 to 70% :)

15. Gix

Gix Founder

I would not recommend doing that and @Reacher made a good point about it. Unless you are an advanced maphack user, you shouldn't be messing with the .vcb file, especially as he already did that once before and it was quite a problem.

@ameth, just post it within a SPOILER tag as @Atox mentioned. It doesn't matter how many lines your config has, as the most important part would be somewhere close to the top of it anyway in this particular scenario.

Reacher likes this.
  16. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

It is very likely that you will press 'R' while playing. I strongly recommend that you put a different button than ''VK_R''. Consider this, even if there are two causes for this problem, this command is one of them, because as I described above, when you turn it on / off and exit the game, you will find blank name / pass field. In your case, you probably press it without notice and this problem comes up.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    Gix and Atox like this.
  17. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I was not able to reproduce the error ever since so I suppose, that is what happened. I will listen more carefully in the future.

Reacher likes this.