Solved stuck on 600x800 resolution

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Nymesis, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Nymesis

Nymesis Member

i can't seem to find a way to get more options besides 600x800 or (worse) 640x480 resolution. I downloaded the glidewrapper thing from the posted link, but this doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I know the original game allowed me to adjust up to as high a resolution as whatever my monitor could handle back in the day, so I'm baffled by this - what is going on here? Why am I stuck in 600x800 resolution? How do I fix this? This setting is barely functional, I don't know how anyone could manage to play like this. I tried searching your help forum for an answer, but all the threads on the topic seemed to be dead ends, no answers were apparent.

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

As far as I know 600x800 is normal resolution for d2.
    There is no high resolution mod for this server.

I might be wrong.

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. North44

North44 Scumbag

Hi. Diablo 2 only supports max resolution of 800 x 600 as this is an old game... very old game. The latest patch (v1.13) support scaling the image up to the largest available. On a widescreen, the graphics are a bit distorted, but at least there are no black bars on the side of the screen to deal with. You can use Glide3 wrapper or any other 3rd party program to scale the resolution, but I highly recommend you using windowed mode.

4. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Use window mode then this
    Windows button + Up arrow. See if you like

5. Nymesis

Nymesis Member

I played D2 in its original form from around 2001 til about 2005 - I was never stuck in 800x600 - it always allowed me to adjust it to match my monitor. IIRC I had it set to something around 1980x1600 or so then - so why we are stuck in 800x600 here has me seriously baffled. No this is not how the original game was. Other than this detail driving me nuts, tho, I am liking your server otherwise - you do have some nice features.

6. DemonHunter

DemonHunter Active Member

Having 1980x1600 is Mod, or an a change in the game considered an cheat because it changes the Diablo folders, making you see more things in your screen than the game allows you. If you used to play in 1980x1600 its because you were using an different patch, or another diablo 2 mod.

North44 likes this.
  7. Nymesis

Nymesis Member

only mod i ever used was maphack back then, and the game itself allowed for the resolution adjustment all on its own long before i discovered the existence of that tool. it was a very long patch ago, sure, but i can't imagine they patched out the ability to change the game resolution - that would be ridiculous. also it would have been whatever patch was live at the time, since i played on USEast realm then.

Moving on - could we please address the question, instead of focusing on whether or not it used to be possible? Is there a way to get this thing into a better resolution than this cruddy 800x600?

8. DemonHunter

DemonHunter Active Member

I just said that, Diablo 2 never had the capacity to use 1980 resolution, its an old game and they never patched it (Maybe you downloaded an folder that changed the folders). I'm gonna repeat, no theres no way you can change the resolution without the use of third-party programs.
    Also, you can find wich programs are allowed here: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/diablo-ii-server-rules.524864/

• Draft saved Draft deleted