Solved Stuck on connecting

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by dod6, Jun 13, 2019.

1. dod6

dod6 Member

Hi all,

I was able to connect to the server and log in/play with no issues about a week ago when I first installed the game/server patch, but as of last night and continuing today - although the game itself still launches fine - I'm always stuck on connecting to battle.net/finding the fastest server. I've deleted, reinstalled in different locations, deleted the old registry keys before making each new install, set the applications as trusted in my antivirus and firewall etc., multiple times and am still having the same issue. I apologise in advance for this mundane topic as since I was previously able to connect I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but yeah, just looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should add that I originally played on usabattle when I was able to connect, but even having tried europebattle as well with another account, still both have the same issue.

2. Goplexer

Goplexer Senior Member

Hi, can u send a couple of screenshots for clarification? That would help in this case.

First - Unzip this patch in the game folder: http://europebattle.net/downloads/EuropeBattle.zip .
    Second - Make sure the new EuropeBattle.Gateway.reg is installed.
    Thirdly - Install a new server through the program http://europebattle.net/d2/images/eu_gateway.png. Download it here: http://europebattle.net/downloads/BNGatewayEditor.exe.

Be sure to click "Set to chosen Gateway" and also click "Detect Gateway". You do not need to close the game, but simply connect and see if there is a connection. Try creating a new account and login again, maybe this is the problem.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. dod6

dod6 Member

Of course, and thanks for the swift reply:

forum1.png sdfzdsf.png

So I can't get to the login screen to enter my account details, only the initial game menu itself. Trying to connect to battle.net, with a fresh install and having extracted the patch you posted + manually entering the gateway with this program, I get stuck on connecting to battle.net and go to the generic unable to connect screen afterward.

The game version displays as 1.13, where your guide says to patch to 1.13c, but when I tried to install that patch I got this:
    forum3.png

Yet booting up the game it still displays as 1.13 and I'm still stuck at connecting to battle.net. Have tried deleting/reinstalling again and still get the same.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Did you check your firewall or antivirus settings lately? Looks like the game connection is being blocked by a 3rd party application, sent you a PM to check this theory.

5. colder

colder One of the Legends Game Master

Hi , try to get all without instalation ( Unzip portable d2 , europebattle.zip patch, use gateway editor without zone- if need ill send in pm);
    Open ports 6112,6113 in your firewall,
    Get a diabloii.exe files in your defender exception.

• Draft saved Draft deleted