Solved TDAgg3.dll was not found

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Atanas Pyuskyulev, Jul 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atanas Pyuskyulev

Atanas Pyuskyulev Member

Hello,
    Since this morning everything with the game was fine. However, when i tried (last 3 hours) to start the game I am getting this error - "The code execution cannot proceed ecause TDAgg3.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.".

Now, when i look in the D2 folder there is a file TDAgg3.dll.old. If i try to rename it to just .dll - game guard is starting and rename it again to .dll.old and the game can't be started.
    I already tried to reinstall and re-patch the game and stuck again with this error. The other thing is that sometimes after i patch with EuropeBattlenet, I am ending with other errors.
    Does anyone have any idea how i can start the game and fix this issue?

V4mpir likes this.
  2. casual

casual Senior Member

Check your antivirus program. I had the same problem yesterday. The file was put under quarantine by the antivirus so I had to restore it.

V4mpir, colder, NoCopyRight and 3 others like this.
  3. Atanas Pyuskyulev

Atanas Pyuskyulev Member

Thanks! That was the problem. I've added the whole d2 directory to allowed in the Windows Defender.
    Thank you!

V4mpir and Gix like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

Best Answer
    A similar thread could be found here and indeed adding the game directory to exceptions list will solve the false positive error as it's also mentioned on our website.
    I think microsoft made a new update recently and windows defender throws a false positive alert of the library, although I didn't experienced it yet. This isn't the first time one of the microsoft updates breaks something as reported previously in here when even generic applications like google chrome were affected and they're still fixing problems caused by that update, hopefully it won't be the case this time too.

If you are using Windows Defender then one of their recent updates will trigger a false positive on various other applications including this library file.
    FIX: Add the complete diablo game folder to exclusions lists as shown in this video and restore or re-download the TDAgg3.dll file from here or re-apply server patch.

UPDATE 1: God damn it microsoft! Indeed, this is a false positive caused by the latest windows defender definitions update and apparently lots of other legit applications are experiencing the same problem now, luckily most people don't use this lame defender and the update seems it wasn't pushed for everyone either. For the moment make sure you add the game folder to exclusions if you have any issues.
    We already submitted the required files so the false positive alert is removed, hopefully it won't take long to be verified and whitelisted.

UPDATE 2: Alright, seems that microsoft already confirmed this was a false positive error on their end as you can see here, therefore it should be removed and whitelisted shortly in the up coming updated definitions of their software. In order to update your microsoft windows defender definitions you can also use this guide https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

UPDATE 3: Microsoft removed the false positive for older operating systems as well. Please try the following steps to clear cached detections and obtain the latest malware definitions:
    1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
    2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures” The latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions
    Best regards, Windows Defender Response

Confirmed, microsoft has corrected the false positive.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. Atanas Pyuskyulev

Atanas Pyuskyulev Member

That's right. This issue was from this morning. And sorry for duplicate topic.

V4mpir likes this.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.