Trading torches

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by milenskipln, Apr 19, 2021.

1. milenskipln

milenskipln Well-Known Member

So dear men something suspicious happened here
    I had Pala torch 12/15 and I wanted to trade it for higher + rune
    Tried 1vs1 trade. Tried with mule.
    Still impossible the only chance is by trusting the other person thats good because we are 2 from one country
    But for trading torch + rune for higher I dont know how it will work for you
    Maybe Founder will help here ? :)

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Since you cannot trade a torch for another torch (+ extra runes as in this case) via the trade window I'd suggest typing /admins and contacting a GM in-game via /whisper to moderate this kind of trades.
    If you don't wish to wait for a GM then it's best if you record the trade via some free recording software such as OBS, Bandicam, etc. Make sure your video contains the full agreement between you and the other player for the items you are going to trade.

PS: Edited the thread title to be more suggestive.

3. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

There is yet another way. Make private game (with password), only the two of you. Use trading window to show what torch each char is carrying. Agree upon price, then each one drop torch plus extra on the floor, and each char goes to pick the other one's torch, plus difference.
    I know that @Gix strongly discourages trading outside the trading window and reminds us that losses - if they occur - are the players' responsibility, but it only takes 2-3 seconds of items lying on the floor and problem solved. The safe way would be with help from GM's, but it would take 2 characters and more hassle.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

The second paragraph is mentioning that way, @sphinx25, although it should be fully recorded for safety and pressing the record button should be nothing complicated.
    We investigated a similar scenario in the past and let me tell you that such tasks are very time-consuming especially when people don't provide any proper (or at all) proofs whatsoever.

Stefansg likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted