Unable to connect

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Hypolit, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Hypolit

Hypolit Member

Hello,

I installed the game and i did all things mentioned on website , now when i open the game with Diablo II v1.13c ( the icon generated on my desktop) the game starts, i can select d2.europebattle.ne then when i want to connect to bnet i have this error :

"If using a modem, you may need to connect to your internet service provider before connecting to battle.net. For more information, please visit www.battle.net/support/eroormessages "

I`ve played on retail and it worked, but i really want to be a part of your comunity i heard nice things about you.

Also if i select the compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 the game will not run and i recive the error : "we got a big error guys", but i guess i don`t need to select that compatibility since i can open the game without it.

Any help will be rly apreciated,
    Thank you

2. Hypolit

Hypolit Member

Hello,

In the first post text doesen`t appear , even if i try to edit post so i am trying to reply with the same text.

I installed the game and i did all things mentioned on website , now when i open the game with Diablo II v1.13c ( the icon generated on my desktop) the game starts, i can select d2.europebattle.ne then when i want to connect to bnet i have this error :

"If using a modem, you may need to connect to your internet service provider before connecting to battle.net. For more information, please visit www.battle.net/support/eroormessages "

I`ve played on retail and it worked, but i really want to be a part of your comunity i heard nice things about you.

Also if i select the compatibility mode for XP service pack 3 the game will not run and i recive the error : "we got a big error guys", but i guess i don`t need to select that compatibility since i can open the game without it.

Ps: i don`t have a modem and i am using W7.

Any help will be rly apreciated,
    Thank you

3. Gix

Gix Founder

Getting that message means that you aren't connecting to our server. Try double clicking the registry file that comes with our patch archive (zip) and if that still doesn't work
    , see the manual connect guide, download the gateway editor and add the server ip manually. Set the default gateway to our ip and you should be good to go.

You don't need to set a compatibility mode if you don't get any application error. I got windows 7 myself and works like a charm.

PS: Make sure you are running a 1.13c version as well and don't forget to use our server patch either from the installer or the archive.

4. Hypolit

Hypolit Member

Thank you Gix for your answer,

I installed the game several times today , i have the original game , i also checked the version it`s 1.13.
    I installed the Diablo II EuropeBattle.Net Installer then double click on EuropeBattleNet.reg and now i have the error :

D2Loader does not recognize this version of Diablo II. This build is only designed to work with Diablo II v 1.12.

I know you mentionated that we should :

"You may delete the loader and replace your d2gfx.dll with one that you can download from here: http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/..."

But i don`t know exactly wich loader file to delete and also i belive i should download 1.13cD2gfx.dll and manually delete d2gfx.dll ?
    At some point i deleted a D2.exe and i reviced the error to insert the original disc...

I am not so good with IT skills so perhaps i am asking stupid questions , but i`am trying to make this work since this morning and i just can`t make it right.

5. Gix

Gix Founder

My suggestion would be to uninstall diablo2 completly and make a fresh re-install as deleting the d2.exe file and getting an error is definetly problematic.

Just go to google and search for piratebay diablo 2 lod in case in case you don't have an original cd. (You may use a software like alcohol or my favorite one, magic disc to load the .iso files and install the game)

Once the game is installed follow the steps from our website and install the blizzard 1.13c patch and then extract our server patch (zip) into your diablo2 folder followed by the adding of our server ip into your gateway list (check my previous answer). This should clear any errors and allow you to join our server.

PS: Reffering to the d2gfx.dll, indeed you should first delete it manually from your diablo2 folder and then download the 1.13cD2gfx.dll. Save it as d2gfx.dll or simply rename it to that after the download is completed.

6. Hypolit

Hypolit Member

I reinstalled D2 the original game and i manually applyed patch 1.13c , then i followed the steps from website and i fixed "We got a big error guys" error.
    It`s working great now on full screen. Thank you once again for your help Gix, i`ll bring my firends over here now :) .

7. Gix

Gix Founder

Glad to hear that.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the game :)

• Draft saved Draft deleted