Unable to identify version, we got a big error, cannot see realms

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Nugs0153, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Nugs0153

Nugs0153 Member

Trying to setup all the files and stuff to connect to the server. I installed D2 and LOD, ran the 1.13c update that is on the connection guide, ran the server installer, then ran the .reg file.

After doing all of that, I ran D2 with the EuropeBattleNet.exe and clicked on the button to change realms, and there are still just the default 4 there. When I close D2 I get this error:imgur: the simple image sharer

After getting that error, uninstalled everything and started from scratch; same error.

Any ideas?

2. XixiNa

XixiNa Forum Legend

hey there :)

well the error is from your diablo2 :) what i suggest you do to is this : delete diablo 2 after that go to ( for win xp and win 7 ) start - run - regedit.exe and type ctrf + f and search for diablo ( it will aperar your diablo 2 reg realms ) DELETE ALL ( i made you a screenshot so you see ) http://picz.ro/img/975cf6.jpg . after u delete diablo 2 and diablo 2 regs install a new copy of diablo 2 and fallow this steps :

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|88...B3DBDF8D379D40 - DIABLO2 INSTALLER
    https://rapidshare.com/#!download|92...5C7F8641483ED9 - DIABLO2 SERVER PATCH

there you olso have loader and mh

here is a guide to help you : http://europebattle.net/d2/connect

3. Nugs0153

Nugs0153 Member

No change. My realm list still has the 4 battle.net realms, and I still get the error when I close D2.

4. Nugs0153

Nugs0153 Member

I fixed it. I ran the "Bnet Editor 2" and manually added the server to the list. Was able to connect, make a character and everything.

For people that have the issue in the future: Make sure Diablo II is closed. Download the "Bnet Editor 2" (link to it on this page EuropeBattle.Net - Diablo II Private Server). Run the program and select Diablo II. Click on Add. Name it whatever you want. In the second box put in "D2.EuropeBattle.net". Run D2, change your realm to the one you created and you should be able to connect.

Edit: I do still get the error when I close D2, but it does not inhibit my game play.

Gix likes this.
  5. XixiNa

XixiNa Forum Legend

the error you have is from your d2 .iso files . you can try find other playdisc.iso / cinematics.iso / istall.iso and lod.iso and install again

6. Nugs0153

Nugs0153 Member

I didn't use an .iso. One install was directly from CDs, and I even downloaded the install files from Blizzard to test that. If I run D2 w/o the server files installed, I don't get the error.

7. XixiNa

XixiNa Forum Legend

then is the windows :D , it can't be from server files .

8. Pandaren_928

Pandaren_928 Supporter

Hi there, got the same exact problem as I installed D2 myself, and by accident found the solution. For a reason i ignore on win7/ potentially 8, considering that you have made a correct installation the game needs to be run added in exceptions in the data execution prevention.
    Betcha you can run it now.... ;)

Gix likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Founder

Obviously that Diablo II has to be closed while editing the gateways since the .reg file you are trying to modify is actually "in use" by the game itself.

I'm glad the issues were sorted and It's always nice to see people sharing their fixed so others that can encounter the same problems can easily find an answer by searching the forums.

Enjoy the game!

10. Nugs0153

Nugs0153 Member

I'm not quiet sure what you mean here, can you elaborate?

11. Pandaren_928

Pandaren_928 Supporter

Yes of course, sorry for being so vague ;) Go under computer> system properties> system protection > advanced >performance > settings > data execution prevention> turn on data executuion prevention and add all your d2 exe ( laucher d2 exe etc..)

That should do the trick, will come back and check on you again, let us know if you're still having any difficulties.

Gix likes this.
  12. Gix

Gix Founder

He is reffering to DEP

You can use this screen for referrence http://i.imgur.com/xLroEo6.jpg but he is referring on choosing the 2nd option and add the executable to the exceptions list

• Draft saved Draft deleted