Solved Unable to join game. (d2client.dll / LNG manager error)

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by pvm, Nov 8, 2017.

1. pvm

pvm Member

I can't join games online or even in single player, not sure how to fix.

Totally fresh install from your guys' download, using your patch, running in xp2 compatibility mode as admin. Tried to use both the usabattle client and the loader.exe, neither worked.

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Nov 8, 2017 ---
    Okay I fixed it, it has something to do with either language settings or the fact that your guys download isn't installed with a cd key. Doing a fresh blizzard install and then copying the patchd2.dll from your 1.13 download into the folder, and then running your patcher fixes it.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

The client is the same, regardless of the download link as the server doesn't verify if you have a cd key or not so a fresh reinstall was really all you needed. This error is pretty popular in google searches and so far simply reinstalling the game worked for most people. Anyhow, welcome aboard.

TimmyDeezNuts and Escorb4r like this.
  3. pvm

pvm Member

Actually I tried just reinstalling using the download provided by you guys and it failed again (same error).

It didn't work until I used the installers from blizzard.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

The exe installer provided on our website it's merely a copy of the Diablo II CDs while the zip archive is the portable installed client. Must be something related to your very own pc config otherwise everyone would have experienced the same error too. As far as google says the error is related to 3rd party programs that were installed (previously), some had this due to drivers update or something video related and reinstalling worked for most of them ; it did for me too and I remember getting this about a year ago by not doing anything special really. If you really want to put my theory to the test you may try installing the game on a separate pc or inside of a virtual machine and I'm sure it will start but as long as you got it working that's all that matters. PS: Keep in mind that game registry files must be deleted too after uninstalling otherwise that won't be a clean reinstall.

• Draft saved Draft deleted