Finished Video Contest! PRIZES!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Gix, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Founder

Information
    We are holding a video contest aiming to advertise our realm even more. The contest is very simple, all you need to do is record, edit and upload your video to YouTube. We encourage creativity, captivity, professionalism and quality. However, you can also choose to try something completely different and surprise us. Professional recording tools such as https://obsproject.com/ are available for free.

Rules
    - The content of the video must be minimum of 30 seconds and maximum of 180 seconds length.
    - HD quality only.
    - The video must have an intro and an outro.
    - You can add voices, music and such.
    - You can post a maximum of 5 videos.
    - The video will be uploaded to YouTube and links will be posted in this thread.
    - The video will be used for advertising, so the video need be professionally done.
    - The video needs to be clear that we want the watcher to join the server, it needs be clear it's for EuropeBattle.Net - UsaBattle.Net as you can see in this example video or this one.
    - Don't go too extreme on 'shaking' style of editing, it needs be relaxing and welcoming for the viewer.
    - Absolutely no 'please subscribe to my channel' kind of endings.

POST YOUR VIDEO HERE IN THIS TOPIC!
    Make sure you like the posts that you think are the best!

PRIZES!
    The contest is open to the entire community. Entries will be judged on their impact, original creative concept and technical execution.
    There will be 3 winners that each will receive the following prizes:
    • Glory
    • Unique Forum Trophy [​IMG]
    • €50 credit on the Items Store
    ** Depending on the video quality, more winners can be picked so each video you submit can be rewarded and everyone can win something. We may use multiple videos in future ad promotions.

Keep in mind, the sooner your video is posted, the more time we have to evaluate it and more time for people to view it and give their opinions on it.

2. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

Well is it only on youtube as well or we can do on twitch as well?

3. Gix

Gix Founder

@Fatty180, the video has to be uploaded on youtube as it includes editing while twitch is merely live streaming so they're two different things.

4. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

5. starxplor

starxplor Supporter

If I had any editing skills I would try to make something... Hoping people post links here for us to check out when they do make videos.

Cascada likes this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

@starxplor, there are a lot of guides and tutorials showing you how to do this with free good quality tools such as OBS Studio.

7. starxplor

starxplor Supporter

How long is this open for? I did not have any time this weekend to get this software and hop on the server, hoping to have time this coming weekend.

8. inayat

There is no closing date yet.
    We want to give everyone enough time to make a nice vid, without feeling rushed.

Gix likes this.
  9. Chez

Chez Supporter

First, Hello :)

I am quite excited about the fact that I can participate in this event from my very beginning on this server and this community. :) :)
    By the way, the teaser that is currently uploaded in YT brought me here :)
    I see it has been nearly a month since the beginning of the event and I want to know if he's still active so I eventually started working...
    I have a rich experience with Sony Vegas and to some extent with AAE. But that does not matter at this stage if there is no green light.
    If possible, would you provide more information about the state of the event.

Thank you in advance
    Best Regards : Chez

Gix likes this.
  10. inayat

@Chez event is still open, feel free to submit.

11. Gix

Gix Founder

Glad to hear that, @Chez. Would love to see some of your work.
    As @inayat mentioned, the event is still on and anyone can submit videos.

12. Chez

Chez Supporter

Hello, Guys :)

I am proud to present to you the video I made for this contest. After nearly two days of planning, editing, cutting and managing I finally got what I wanted from the video.... The video itself has its own story ( I'm not a good director ). The characters are transformed. For example : Marius is long forgotten hero from the battle with Diablo.... Mepho is the new evil rising against us but I had to transform them like this to make the Drums Of War the way it is.
    Even with the crappy quality of the cinematics I've managed to pull the best from them and make it in HD !!

About the Тhirteen years at the very beginning of the video : I will leave this mystery to you guys :) :)

About the Legacy Entertainment : I'm really big fan of classic ( Legacy ) games of Blizzard. WC, SC, D2 ...

I will only present you the version for EuropeBattle because I can't wait to see your feedback and ratings.

Enjoy the video, I hope you like it !! Best Regards @ Chez

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    NUKEM, Remind, ender02 and 8 others like this.
  13. inayat

@Chez The first part would have made an excellent intro, followed by in-game footage (fighting mobs/act bosses, maybe pvp footage, some custom server features like extended stash and/or some custom items) so people will have an idea what our server is about. And then ending with join the fight.

But overall nice cinematics and editing.

14. Chez

Chez Supporter

Thank you @inayat for your comment !! :)

My whole idea behind the video was to create cinematic who can / will inspire ppl to join our cause / battle. My decision was dictated by the fact that YT is full of EuropeBattle videos with stuff from the game, previous trailers or just blank screens with text and some effects as one of the examples. I wanted something different for my video. Diablo II can not offer many options for editing like World Of Warcraft for example, even WC3 offers better options for filming. D2 Cinematics got crappy quality and poor action, but they are the only thing that gives you the opportunity to do something different. Do not get me wrong I'm not complaining nor argue. You guys have your vision of what a trailer / cinematic has to offer and I have my own.

I totally agree that the inclusion of some in-game footage can give players a better understanding of the server and all of his features. But this, in my opinion, will spoil the magic of the cinematic, it's like putting shots from Super Mario in the trailer of the new Thor movie ( something like that ). I want to keep this magic, I wanted this cinematic to provoke the desire of the future players to discover what the server offers by themselves + If you see everything in a single video the sense of adventure will disappear quite quickly. I really hope that this video will inspire others to make their own and upload them because, after all, it's all about the good advertising оf the server and of course to watch some epic videos and have fun !! :) :)

EDIT : Along with uploading the USA version, I had to make some changes for better quality.
    • Both versions of the video are uploaded !!
    • The fonts have been completely replaced
    • Some timing fixes were applied
    • The outro was buffed with new animation

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  15. ender02

ender02 Senior Member

Hi everybody,

here is my video for the contest, enjoy! :)

Regards,
    Andras

16. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

nice job really enjoyable and very clean

17. ender02

ender02 Senior Member

if you have any proposal for making it better, just write it please, I'll try my best, but I'm quite new to this ^^

18. ender02

ender02 Senior Member

New adjusted video is here, some more action, better fonts and wording.
    Watch it loud and enjoy! :)

Knomesmoke, Gi-Joe, lequeR and 10 others like this.
  19. Nalfgarsorc

Nalfgarsorc Active Member

How much time left? I used last days to read in all the stuff i need know to make an trailer..

20. inayat

It is still open. Take your time and surprise us with a nice vid.