What are good stats on rare items?

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Sheyka, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Sheyka

Sheyka Member

hello friends of deckert cain :D

im a player from the beginning but i have absolutly no clue what is good on rare items. i know just a few thinkgs about belts, boots and rings/amus .. but the rest is kinda crap for me (but just because i dont know what the item need to be good).

so here is my question. can someone make a list what stats are good on wich item for like armors weapons etc? or is there maybe this kind of list and im too stupid to find it?

its realy sad when i know there is maybe a good weapon that drops.. but i dont even pick it up because.. yeah.. i have no clue ^^

this would be realy amazing of someone of you (or more then one of you ^^) could help out

have a nice day and stay alive

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

on weapons 3-400+ ED with fools mod (AR and dmg based on lvl), extra bonus would be ETH or ETH with selfrepair.
    on rings, circlets, stats like FCR or life/manaleech with str and/or dex and high life/mana
    belt 24 fhr 20+ str, around 50 life with bonus some resists.
    boots frw/fhr with triple resist or dual resist 35+

just to give you an idea, if you have more specific item questions, feel free to contact me via PM on forum or post here.

3. Sheyka

Sheyka Member

yeah thats exactly what i mean is there any good rare shield or helms? and gloves would be awesome too ^^

4. inayat

rare shields not really, but magic shields like tower shield with block and faster blockrate 3 sockets or 4 socket monarch with blockrate and faster blocking.
    gloves could be IAS gloves with str/dex/ and/or resist.
    Helmets depends, a good wind druid helmet or 5-6 BO barb helmet can have value.

Sheyka likes this.
  5. Sheyka

Sheyka Member

okay so only class helms (and maybe necro shields?) are good
    and magic shields.. yeah i heard of the JMod .. but i guess its actually not an item u find once in a lifetime.. more like once in 10 lifetimes ^^

6. inayat

its hard to beat homunculus unique shield

7. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

For shields: block (30% icb, 20% fbr), sockets (2 is max for rares), + skills (necro / paladin), all res, ethereal + ed% (for e-bugging) + self-repair
    And yes, always compare to unique versions, see if the stats on the rare beat the unique.

SGPB75 and Sheyka like this.
  8. Sheyka

Sheyka Member

oh realy? i wasnt sure homunculus is THAT good ^^

9. sphinx25

+ a special mention for circlets / coronets / tiaras / diadems - 2 class skills, 20 fcr (for builds that use fcr), stats (str - max 30, dex - max 20), all res (max 30), visionary mode for some builds that rely on AR (AR / lvl), life / mana, 2 sockets, 30 frw.
    Remember at all times: a rare item can have 2 to 6 affixes (3 prefixes + 3 suffixes), so you won't get all mentioned above on the same item.
    See Blizzard's page on Magic Prefixes and Suffixes for items.
    Do a lot of reading in the Price Check and Best find of the day sections of this forum, to see what people value mostly, this will be quite helpful.

LE: last, but not least, rare items, with the proper combination of affixes (and stats) can be x times more valuable than uniques, but the chances of getting such affix combinations are extremely-extremely thin, like 1 / 1000000 or even less, That's why they called them rare :).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    SGPB75, Sheyka and inayat like this.
  10. Sheyka

Sheyka Member

thats pretty nice. will i find a list of whats is max on each stat like str or res? i can remember i have seen a list like this on the forum..

well thanks for your help. this realy helps me (and probably someone else too) a lot.

11. sphinx25

12. SGPB75

SGPB75 Well-Known Member

Every single Rare Necromancer Shrunken Head is potential better than the Homunculus! For example, Rare Bloodlord Skull, with 2 Necromancer Skills 30/20/17 (Fbr/Icb/Fhr...) 2 Sockets, and let say for the other Affixes - Prismatic Prefix (16-20 All Res.) and Of The Mammoth Suffix (31-40 Life) and of curse 3x3 Staffmods (Let say again, just for the example...) 3 Bone Spear, 3 Bone Spirit and the last (whatever, but let say, for easy calculation...) 3 Revive Skill - is much, much, much, much, much, much, much more (in everything!) than the Homunculus...! The big problem is the chances, because the chances for the example above are - 1:29360936133645908 and 1:12866379970825 with the Imbue Quest - so, just think about it... And by the way, even the chances to obtain such item from Trade is kinda same, because unfortunately, only very small percent of us, checking such items here... Sometimes, when i am in Baal Runs and/or other full public games, i am little shocked, because the "ground" is full with such items (even a lot more potential amazing items - Magic/Rare Assa. Katars, Sorc. Orbs, Maiden/Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins, Etc...) and nobody pick them for identification (maybe, because such items does not exist in their Map Hack Config/s - so, they cannot see them...) - and of course, it's not only strange, but and kinda sad, but this is the reality here...

I personally "keep" in my Map Hack/s Config/s only ~10 Unique and Set items (the rarest ones...) and all kind of Magic/Rare Items... I will list what i'm checking, and if you want, try it yourself - and maybe you will have luck, with some of the items! :)

Weapons - Rare War Axe/Naga/Berserker Axe ; Rare War Sceptre/Devine Sceptre/Caduceus ; Rare ETH Crystal Sword/Dimensional Blade ; Rare Brandistock/War Fork/Mancatcher ; Magic/Rare Maiden/Ceremonial/Matriarchal Javelins ; Magic/Rare Assasin Katars (in general, only h2h2 Katars, because of the Staffmods, but for the Rare, also and Blade Talons and Claw - for LLD...) ; Magic/Rare Sorc. Orbs. And with the exception for the Sorc. Orbs, the goal is same for all of the others - IAS* ; Fool's Prefix (not necessary, if the Katars are for Trapsin...) ED (not necessary for the Javelins...) ; Mechanist's Prefix (2 Sockets and if it's possible, because is not - for Javelins...) ; Skills and/or Staffmods (Again if it's possible...) and everything else (i mean for the Rare Items, because the Magic Items can have only 2 Affixes - 1 Prefix and 1 Suffix!) is welcome, as a plus! For example (and again - if it's possible...) some Str/Dex/Res/Life/Mana/LpH/MpH/MaK/Replenishes/Etc/Etc/Etc/Just use Affix Calculator/s from the Net/Etc/Etc/Etc... :)
    Armors - Rare Shields, but only from the [20-24] Blocking Group (Hyperion, Monarch, Troll Nest, Scutum, Dragon Shield, Grim Shield, Pavise, Large Shield, Kite Shield, Bone Shield, Tower Shield - for the Magic Shields - only Monarch and Hyperion, because they are not sellable** in any of the NPC's!) ; Magic/Rare Gloves (for the Magic Gloves again - only the pairs, which are not sellable in any of the NPC's and Magic Gloves, with specific ILVL for Crafting!) ; Rare Boots (again and Magic Boots, with specific ILVL for Crafting!) ; Rare Belts (again and Magic Belts, with specific ILVL for Crafting!) and of course Magic/Rare Circlets/Coronets/Tiaras/Diadems. And with the exception for the Circlets/Coronets/Tiaras/Diadems, the goal is same for all of the others - FHR (of course, not for the Gloves...) ; ICB/FBR and 2 Sockets (of course, only for the Shields...) ; Skills and IAS (for the Gloves, but not only 2 java 20 IAS are good Gloves! 20 IAS + some STR/DEX and/or res/life/mana/etc, are also very good Gloves) FRW (for the boots...) and everything else is welcome, as a plus! For example (and again - if it's possible...) some Str/Dex/Res/Life/Mana/LpH/MpH/MaK/Etc/Etc/Etc/Just use Affix Calculator/s from the Net/Etc/Etc/Etc... :)

I already mentioned the Necromancer Shrunken Heads, and plus them, i check and for all of the others Magic/Rare Class-Specific Items and the goal is kinda similar... So, as i think - you will understand the "mechanics" for the others... :D

*Because of the existence of Weapon Speed Bugging with dual Weapons, on some very slow weapons (for example War Fist...) the goal is NOT to have IAS!
    **If you don't know who exactly sells what - you can check in the Net - Shop Calculator Diablo 2!

P.S. and some kind of signature...

I keep constantly repeating! If you don't know something and/or how something "work" in the game - just check in the internet... There are millions of topics about all kind of Breakpoints/Frames (FCR/FHR/FBR/FRW/ICB/ETC/ETC/ETC...) and a lot calculators for IAS/BLOCK/SKILLS/STATS/DROPS/Affixes/Summon Pets & Skeletons/And more/And more/And more...

Raphaël, sphinx25 and Sheyka like this.
  13. Raphaël

Raphaël Well-Known Member

@SGPB75
    Did you use sting maphack? Do you share your sting pickit? if yes, is it possible to send me a copy of your stingmaphack.cfg in pmed?
    It look good to keep good rare items....

Thank you,
    Regards,

14. inayat

dont really need someon else's copy, i use the default CFG myself and only thing i hide are arrrows, bolts, scrolls, keys, gold under 5000 and any potions except rejuvs.
    Just hiding those items will clear up your screen a lot.
    This way you will see all drops and also white items for imbue or to make runewords

Raphaël likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted