What are you playing for ladder reset?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by JmeN, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Light86

Light86 Well-Known Member

As I described above my usual solo setup: sorc, barb, necro. Necro is the best farmer early game with Barb BO and Sorc tele to locations while he is basicly independent on any items. Just need a merc who can kill a minion and the rest is CE. It's also very safe for early starts to have necro + barb in your party -> skel / minions blockers with curses support and barb BO. Your party can not realy die then

But on that previous ladder I played a barb in the 8ppl party and then rushed my nec + sorc. Necro farmed trav Hell for basic starter items and found Jah + Ber in like ~50 runs.

gonzaaedu likes this.
  2. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I do not see the point to run until hell baal. I just need better potions on start to boost all my toons. One of them will be a baal runner. I want to save ancy quests on that one.

3. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

what build would your sorceress have, blizz? necro bone? and barb focused on screams or strength?

4. Light86

I think you are a bit out of clue or forgot most of your D2 knowledge after inactivity.
    No problem, I have written a Necro farming guide some years ago - but I think most of this is still up2date. You can read the complete MF Necro Summoner / CE guide here: https://forum.europebattle.net/threads/the-ultimate-mf-char-the-summoner.541839/

There are also other guides on this forum for starting up as solo chars, or at least sorc + barb for BO. Just look around the guide sub-forum.
    If you actually intend to play the sorc, then go Blizzard. Blizz sorc is the strongest sorc build early on without any equipment and can deal with most mobs until act5 hell.
    I personally play sorc just for tele + Enchant on the Necro merc / Barb and skeletons and focus on Necro play in my solo party.

Well, that is a point but it's much easier / faster to farm Trav and Countess Hell early on with high level char. You can really quickly level-up 1 character to level 20 and make baal quest in 8 ppl party with a level 75+ sorc rushing you.
    Also keep in mind that you will struggle killing ancients in hell alone especially with all those fillers in your game.

But it's all up to you. The ppl on this server with a really good start made all Baal Hell first, before rushing their "toons".

MythoS likes this.
  5. JmeN

JmeN Active Member

Coming back to my original question I'd like to thank all contributors who took the time to reply. I made a general idea and probably will start as usual sorceress and just add more folks in game so I can have them for later when i get bored of sorceress which will probably be after i finish hell :)

6. ameth

ameth Senior Member

A spirit rw geared cheap hdin with barb bo takes them down in pl2. Yeah it is a bit of struggle to do the quest for all my toon again and again, but I simply don't have energy for too long rush. I wish the hell baal parties have their fun. I go slower.

7. OBG

OBG Active Member

Haven't multibox before but think I'll give it a try here with this reset. Bit of a bummer I can't get DDraw to work reliable on this windows 10 machine (can get GDI to run a single instance but more than that it starts crashing), so using 3dFX I tested this morning I can have 5 instances without any hiccups (aside from they are all full screen and I can't move any of them to my other monitors).

I'll likely main a Sorc for my first leveling char (Charge Bolt > Nova for early levels then respec to Blizzard).
    The idle gang will include a Barb, Pally, Necro, and maybe a Druid...possibly Amazon. In testing my Sorc was doing well on her own with total 5 players in the game, hit level 11 as I finished Den of Evil...seemed pretty quick xp. Barb we'll eventually turn into a BO/Singing Trav hunter and support guy, Pally into a Holy Freeze gem farmer (eventually Fire when Dragon words become viable), Necro into a Summoner/CE farmer, and I've never really played a Druid before so I think it be fun to figure it out, and of course Zon is fun for the stabby-stabby.

MythoS likes this.
  8. ameth

ameth Senior Member

What about a -w ?

9. gonzaaedu

gonzaaedu Member

I forgot to ask you, in the reset, should the accounts be created again? I plan to create 4 accounts, for each character, I want to create the accounts in advance to have everything ok, but I don't know if the reset implies the reset of accounts as well.

10. Light86

All accounts you already registered and used last ladder are available in the new ladder season. You just have to create new ladder characters in these accounts for the new season after the reset.

Gix likes this.
  11. OBG

OBG Active Member

With 3dfx the windows are unmovable, bit of a downside. But not a huge issue, and I prefer the graphics of 3dfx on the larger monitor than any of the DDraw options using OpenGL...for some reason they look very 'clay'-ish not sure why. Its a old game...bit excited though at with Gix teased with some other render option.

12. Povka

Povka Supporter

Yes we was first ones in that ladder i remmember :)

13. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Do you people have some screens how did characters look like after hell baal kill?

I mean cmon, even to run norm act 1 andariel takes like half an hour. Act 2 and 3 is pretty large as well. Starter sorc either don't have mana to teleport, or don't have life to survive the first hit on the road. The party rushes forward, how to gear them? Doing hell in a gear quality like a tal-eth armor? That 3 hours sounds pretty harsh.

• Draft saved Draft deleted