What's next?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Iker, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iker

Iker Supporter

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question: "what's next?". And let me explain myself.

I've been playing for a few months now, and I am at a point where I see that the only thing left for me in the server is to do 2k runs of Nithtalak trying to get a Unique Sacred Armor... The server is great, of course, but now that I have a few Bers, a "good" char (with enigma, hoto, etc), I feel like nothing is left to play for! So I wanted to hear what you guys do to keep de hype at the top every time you open D2!

I used to play on battle.net 7 years ago, and I remember that everything was about PVP, getting into a clan, and try to duel a lot, but here I don't see that spirit, everything seems to be about doing runs.

If any of you like PVP, I'd love to meet you, so you can explain me how "does it work" around here.

Thank you in advance. :)

2. Evils

Evils Active Member

Yeah m2... id like to know if theres LOW LVL pvp... 9... 30...

3. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

play hc

Fatty180 likes this.
  4. Iker

Iker Supporter

Yes, that'd be nice.

I feel it is the same as SC, but if you die, you lose everything. I've never seen the point, really. If your internet drops, and you get lagged, you can easily get killed and lose everything, right?

5. Gix

Gix Founder

PVE has always been more popular than PVP so it's normal that more people are focused around that and the reason why you used to see a lot more pvp back in the days it's because the game was a whole lot more popular 10-15 years ago so that makes sense especially since battlenet is the official realm. There are almost always pvp games here too, even some LLD so you can join those although many are still gearing up and some may not be into pvp at all but there will always be others willing to duel you. Keep in mind we have some common sense rules here though so it's not like it used to be in battlenet where you could kill anyone without saying "go", anytime or in any type of game and no one would have listen to the victim's complaints. Just like in any game, one can get bored faster than the other which is the reason why some people prefer having a fresh start every few months while others prefer the long term ladders or even permanent ones so it's just personal preference. Players tend to take a break from their favourite games every now and then but they always come back and new members join every day.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  6. Iker

Iker Supporter

I understand, and I really like the server, but I wanted to know if I'm missing something like PVP tournaments or something like that. Anyway, I think I will try to build up a PVP char and keep it going that way! Thank you for your answer.

PD: The right way to duel, is the only way to duel, in my opinion. Without rules, there is only anarchy left. :)

7. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

You missed this but you can join next one. look for D U E L Z games and get ready to get your ass kicked

8. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

I'm sure everyone has their own ways of "keeping it fresh". Some things I do to keep myself entertained...

Set goals for myself: Find X Item, Achieve Y stats, Interact with Z people
    We are hardwired to get bored easily, give yourself something to focus on.

Switch up my goals periodically: Class Builds, PvP, Events, Trades, Socialize, etc
    Switch up how you play, focus on something a little different each day/week.

Make my own rules: Beat the game using gamble only, or as fast as you can. Beat it without using uniques or runewords. Whatever you want
    Blizzard may have designed the game, but they cant dictate how you play it. Do what sounds fun.

The Road to Perfection: Achieve the best possible stats for a build, collect all the items, become the richest, etc
    Looking back at a character you've perfected can be a rewarding experience; Especially if it's something you weren't able to do on Bnet due to you know, life.

I have days like yourself where I just don't know what to do; and although the community may get tired of it at times - it's one of the reasons I do many guides, or work on custom features, etc. It's just one more avenue to not only provide entertainment for myself, but help renew that same feeling in others.

Ultimately, you are the only one who knows what works for you. Hopefully this may have sparked some ideas for yourself, or at the least; let you know you're not alone :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Iker and Fatty180 like this.
  9. Kefflar32

omg @RandAlThor why you use so many colour in all your posts?

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Colors act like a window to the soul, allowing you to truly connect to me on an ethereal plane of existence.....

Also, I don't know.

11. Iker

Iker Supporter

Wow dude! That was really inspiring! I'm sure I will try some of these ideas! Thank you, really appreciate it!

Fatty180, RandAlThor and nycter like this.
  12. Kefflar32

One "good" char is never enough, you need to have more. Beat the game in ironman hard german style, this takes a long time to achieve, do record runs, take a break when you are bored and come back after few days with fresh spirit. I am still at first part because i want to beat the game in hard mode ironman, almost naked :D

13. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Supporter

I notice no one plays on non-ladder, yet all of us "long time" players on this server, have fully leveled, geared, charmed chars just sitting around collecting dust. Maybe non-ladder could be the PvP area some are looking for... Just a thought...

14. Gix

Gix Founder

That's because non-ladder was never really a thing in private realms, @DarkSummoner. It used to be a thing in the official realms many years ago when the game as a whole had a lot more players than nowdays which prolly is below 5% of what it used to have. Besides, with the long term ladders we have there isn't really a point in playing non-ladder but there are still some who do, however all of them are into pve since they want to keep their farming progress forever and enjoy the game in their own way while most others are eager to have a fresh restart and economy once in a while. Also keep in mind having people playing both non-ladder and ladder would split the community which is never a good thing, especially for a 17 years old game so joining the public or private ladder games is recommended.
    Anyway, the OP has various ideas to choose from so pick one and see how it goes. If you want to duel then you'll always meet people that enjoy dueling so all you have to do is build your characters and join the proper games because unlike battlenet you are not allowed to randomly pk people in any public game that's not a duel game which used to be and still is a common practice there. Good luck!

Iker, Kefflar32 and DarkSummoner like this.
  15. ameth

ameth Senior Member

@DarkSummoner PVP builds by prize. Ladder, non-ladder, 15 years old game, the number of players, does not matter at all. Only prize matters.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.