Solved Windows 11 compatibility

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by ameth, Oct 7, 2021.

1. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I am not sure if Windows 11 is out there already. The question is: are the game client and modded DLLs compatible?

2. Gix

Gix Founder

The software compatibility is set to stay pretty much the same, it's the hardware requirements that changes and Windows 11 is already out but I wouldn't recommend upgrading until they release at least 1.1.0 or Service Pack 1. There is a long way to go, just stick to Windows 10.

3. Tzutzu79

Tzutzu79 You're too late, Hahaha.. Moderator

We, Romanians have a saying..
    The enemy of Good is Better
    Win 10 is good

colder likes this.
  4. ameth

ameth Senior Member

If everything goes wrong, last resort, can I run this client on win XP sp3? The install guide asks for XP compatibility mode, but what if I install some VM under Linux and drop the game client there? Should that work? (DLL injector does not work under wine, no autotele plugin under wine.)

5. Gix

Gix Founder

If everything goes wrong then switch back to the previous version which is Windows 10 and not to XP.
    Will the game work on Windows XP SP3? Should be working just fine, yes. Do we recommend running such an old operating system? Definitely not. Will the game client continue to support Windows XP in the future? Most likely not. As mentioned in a previous thread where you've asked a similar question, Windows XP has run its course and Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support so it's best if you let it die in peace. Pretty much all modern software and browsers do not support XP anymore, not to mention that it represents a huge security risk.
    If you are asking about Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode instead, then unless you have problems launching the game the compatibility step is only optional.

starxplor, colder and Atox like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted