Solved WinXPsp3 game shutdown

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Wortex666, Jan 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wortex666

Wortex666 Member

Hi. I need help with yours client in Windows XP service pack 3.
    When i start the game will apear black window and game shutdown. Please help me with this problem.

2. Oni poker

Oni poker Supporter

Please specify what the error message says (if there is any), what .exe file you're using to launch the game, what mode (windowed, fullscreen)... Basically any info you can give us, cause "black window" isn't too informative.

inayat likes this.
  3. Wortex666

Wortex666 Member

Game; europebattle; loaded.exe.
    D2LoD after patch 1.13c perfect run.
    Installing game the right .
    I think the problem will be with your client's support.
    I was extract yours archive with client and dont use. Supports your client os WinXP sp3? I tried run test 2D/3D and nothing, compatibility win2000 , nothing. Downground winXP sp3 to sp2 will be problematic.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Does the gameguard icon pops up after you run the game? The client is compatible with Windows XP.

Follow the steps below and let us know if this changes anything:

Kefflar32 likes this.
  5. Wortex666

Wortex666 Member

The game icon not be displayed. I'll try it. 2x click, black window and crash game The game does not start and instantly shutdown. But i use WinXPsp3 where set compatibility WinXPsp2 and admin setting isn't. Ill try graphycs drivers.

6. Oni poker

Oni poker Supporter

All I can say without knowing the details of what exactly is happening (I can only guess, I'd have to personally see the crash happen), I suggest you do exactly as Gix said.
    Make sure to install the client without integrated maphack (standalone is more stable to most players!). After you have installed EUbattle client and patch, right click those files -> settings -> compatibility -> check Run as Administrator (try to DISABLE WinXPsp2 compatibility, it's not needed with your Windows):
    loader.exe
    game.exe
    EuropeBattle.exe

Next, make a shortcut to game.exe, move it to your Desktop. Right click it -> shortcut -> in the target field where the directory of your game.exe is, add this after space: -w -nofixaspect
    Example: "C:\Diablo II Lord of Destruction_v1.13c\Game.exe" -w -nofixaspect
    Run game.exe from the shortcut. Then, tell us if it works, and if GameGuard launches with the game.

(I know I'm pretty much quoting everything you've said before, Gix, but I thought I'd describe in detail what helped me get this game to work, as I had very similar problems in the past)

Kefflar32 likes this.
  7. Wortex666

Wortex666 Member

Okay. I'll try it and try to fix it. I will send you a report of the result, tommorow. Thx for help.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 3, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 2, 2019 ---
    Hi. The problem remains. I tried downground WinXPsp3 to WinXPsp2, problem isnt in compatibility. I tried to run the game as a computer administrator and does not work. DirectX upg to 9 and graphycs driver is right too.
    There is some emulator for your Guard manager for windows xp ? Someone tried to run your client in op. WinXP?

Oni poker likes this.
  8. Oni poker

Oni poker Supporter

EUbattle client - just like official D2LoD client, - should work properly with Service Pack 3. Be sure to run this Service Pack, not 2. Never 2.
    Many of us are playing on Windows XP (not me though, Win7 here). One thing I'm aware of - the client won't start if the GameGuard isn't running.
    Do you see that little window in the top-left corner of your screen?
    If not, then that could be the problem. If you see it, though, then we'll have to think of something else.

Attached Files:

Kefflar32 and Wortex666 like this.
  9. Wortex666

Wortex666 Member

Ok thx for help to everyone, ill try it. Ill must buy better pc with win 7. Bye and see you in game. ( lock topic )

10. Gix

Gix Founder

Compatibility mode and running as administrator are recommended if you run the game in newer operating systems like Windows 7/8/10, none of these are required with Windows XP.
    If the game doesn't start at all and you don't see any gameguard icon popping up either there could be different reasons starting with left overs from previous game clients or the game path being incorrect. Check your private message and I'll assist you remotely.

PS: If your computer runs Windows XP SP3 smoothly then you should be able to run Windows 7 as well, however the game client supports Windows XP just fine too even though this operating system is really outdated and most softwares already stopped providing support for it many years ago. Also using SP2 or SP3 won't make a difference at all as the game runs fine on both service packs. It's not an OS problem, it's most likely a conflict caused by either previous installed clients or other softwares preventing the game from running and we have to see what you've got there first in order to figure what's wrong.

Kefflar32 and Oni poker like this.