Wiki About Runes (From El to Zod)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Bl4cKDeviL, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Bl4cKDeviL

Bl4cKDeviL Supporter

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen!

This is a small(?) general Info about our lovely Runes inside our Diablo 2 Realm here.
    First of all a full List of available ones:

runes_list_forum.png

Now that we have this, let's proceed to some more details :)
    As you all know any rune From El to Ber can be up/downgraded using our beloved Cube without any Penalty*.

Upgrade: Use 2 Runes of the same type and transmute them.
    Downgrade: Insert the rune you wish to downgrade and simply transmute it.

Now what does this exactly mean?

Here are some examples:
    Upgrading..

upping_runes.png

Downgrading...

downing_runes.png

And yes, there is a reason i showcase this starting on a Ber, and not a Jah, a Cham or a Zod :)

So here's the "nasty" or tricky thing about this!

I mentioned a Penalty before, remember?
    Jah, Cham and Zod are a different Story ;)

This is what happens, SHOULD you consider downgrading them using the cube:

downing_runes_after jah.png

The expected result would be, downing a Jah, receiving 2 Bers, downing a Cham, receving 2 Jahs, downing a Zod, receiving 2 Chams.
    If you'd follow the Logic of the previous Runes seen in this post at the start. But well, clearly noticed this doesn't apply on these 3.

Back to the Maths, I keep it simple:
    Each Downgrade after Ber, makes you loose half a Rune - And so does each upgrade in this case :)
    Basically, the higher the Rune, the higher your personal Rune/Currency loss will be while using this method.

The only method of reducing this Penalty, not fully, but at least partially is Trading with other Players.

Leads me to this..

to_cube_or_not_forum.png

Conclusion:
    Cubing is great, trading is better.
    If you are in a rush getting the Runes you badly need, go for the Cube-Option, else: Be patient and trade :)

This said, and I assume you made it this far because you read the Spoiler text above - Let's dive into trading the Jahs, Chams and Zods..

When it comes to real "High-End-Gear" our base price-line on this Realm is ALWAYS relying on --> BERS <--
    (Let me define real.. I'm not talking about a Shako or a Mara, more like: Life Skillers, Griffons, Perfect Runewords, etc.)

This tiny beautiful Guy:
    30_Ber.png

Going through trades, be it inside the Game or here on the Forum, you often encounter stuff like this: (just an example)

Person A: Price check on Item [XYZ]?
    Person B: 2.5!
    Person C: 2-3
    Person A: Thanks. (Assuming he is grateful for the Info)

This barely means Bers. No Apples, no Gems.. It's Bers - No more no less :p

Wondering what 2.5 stands for? Check the Spoiler below! Tiny additional Intel there on calculating Rune values:

As mentioned before, Ber is the base-line, Ber = 1

From what you saw above, and how you down/upgrade them, you can easily figure out that:
    1 Ber = 2x Surs = 4x Los = 8x Ohms = 16x Vexs

Means that 2.5 would equal 2 Bers and 1 Sur

Keep in mind that Jah, Cham and Zod are treated differently..

Players generally add one rune of the lower Tier Rune more than the Cube does:

Your Jah:
    31_Jah.png
    Cube Result = Ber Sur (1.5)
    Players generally do Ber Sur Lo, one extra Lo for you in this case. (1.75)

Your Cham:
    32_Cham.png
    Cube Result = Jah Ber (If you down it completely into Bers = 2.5)
    Players generally do these trades in Bers only, which would turn out to become 3 Bers in total (or a Jah Ber Sur/Lo, but most don't go for that).

Your Zod:
    33_Zod.png
    Cube Result = Cham Jah (If you down it completely into Bers = 4.0)
    Players: Go crazy.. Always remember the Penalty :) I wont add any Price here as it really relies on Offer & Demand, but they go somewhere from 4.5 to 5.x)

Side Note:
    I personally went through Zod mathematically.. From top to bottom .. Because I am a Nerd sometimes.. It would be a full 5.75, But seriously, nobody does that.. This was only due to curiosity :D

This is in NO WAY some kind of "Price-List-Thingy", it should (and hopefully does) only serve you to get deeper into the Runes-Topic and basics of some of the mechanics..

Lots of typing, much Photoshopped and many cigarettes just turned into ashes.. I am done for now.. If you need me to Edit something, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Stephan.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
    Nopik, Vetal, Atox and 2 others like this.
  2. kiwifruit

kiwifruit Game Master

I like the details on these notes. Good one Stephan :tup:

Bl4cKDeviL likes this.
  3. Bl4cKDeviL

Bl4cKDeviL Supporter

Thank you for your Feedback :)
    Really appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted