Bags with gold - suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Duduloi, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Duduloi

Duduloi Well-Known Member

Trading gems is very easy on this server, gems bag is an awesome idea.. Trading gold could be easier, as well. I think gold bags would be a nice way to stack/exchange gold.
    Or at least (if possible) offer a shortcut to put gold from stash to ground.

Thank you, I really like this server :)

ameth likes this.
  2. Duduloi

The easiest way to implement this feature: make a small item with selling/acquisition cost of 10 million gold. Problem solved. GoldFind barbs happy :)

3. Gix

Gix Founder

Sorry, didn't realize you added a second reply to your suggestion thread. The idea itself is a good one and we did consider it before, but don't forget there are items that decrease the vendor's prices such as "gheed" for example and this is the main problem with adding an item that costs a certain amount of gold because if you hold such items in your inventory then the vendor prices will be reduced and you would basically be able to exploit this idea by purchasing a 10M worth of gold bag with actually less gold due to the price reduction. Hopefully, we can work something out in the future though.

4. Duduloi

You are right , but let's make the things easier. Let me (the goldbarb) buy the "gold bag" with 30 million (maximum gold storage). And the selling cost of item would be 28 million. Something like that, you got the idea. As a goldbarb I prefer to lose few millions each trade instead on trading gold. It is really a pain to trade gold right now, trust me ....

Thanks

5. Gix

Gix Founder

I think you misunderstood, it's the other way around and the discount rate is much higher than that. On the other hand, you are trading gold and actually obtaining high runes for it, which is something you couldn't do anywhere else in this game.

6. ameth

ameth Senior Member

I think, the real problem is that:
    -1. Gold amount in stash is limited to 30kk
    -2. Character inventory can hold only clvl * 10k

So it takes forever to trade 30k golds:
    -1. Open stash
    -2. Click on gold "Withdraw"
    -3. Click to get max amount into inventory
    -4. Close stash
    -5. Open inventory
    -6. Click on "Drop Gold"
    -7. Write amount (there is no default value offered!)
    -8. Hit enter
    For 30kk to drop with a lvl 90 player repeating steps 1-8 x 34 times (272 player actions) are so horrible players rather renounce gold trading opportunities.

The most easy patch is to remove the gold limitation on player gold cap so a lvl 1 mule can hold 30kk in inventory. It would speed up gold trading for 34x. Could be enough to fix the main problem, and about zero negative impact on gaming experience.

If devs can do better, do something about that 30kk limit as well. D2 is a 32 bit process. Even if that variable is an int and not an unsigned int, a 32 bit variable can hold 2kkk instead of 30kk.

7. Duduloi

Wonderful ideea, ameth. And probably not very hard to implement.
    PS Don't die....

8. Gix

Gix Founder

It's not hard @Duduloi, although you said that at first too and obviously it wasn't the case, but there's a huge drawback which none of you is taking into consideration. To begin with, your first statement is incorrect @ameth as people have been trading gold since forever, way before the stash limit increased, and that won't change; secondly 30kk stash gold limit is more than enough and there are no plans to increase it any further, the limit was increased with gambling in mind by the way. Last but not least, gold farmers cannot be a level 1 mule so your mule example doesn't apply here.
    Anyhow, the major drawback for increasing the amount of gold that a character is able to carry comes down to getting killed and dropping that amount of gold. There's also a certain limit that requires bits modification if you wish to go past by and that's never a good idea in the future as it can corrupt characters if you plan to tweak or reverse anything you've made, although we could choose to stay below that limit but getting killed is the main reason why this isn't feasible enough and I'm not talking only about PvM but PvP killing as well so there you have it. I'm open to ideas that can work around that.

9. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Some insight from the point of view of the seller. When I collect gold, it is better if I do not lose it. So what do I do? I go to hell baal run, and all I care about is to clean up high value items from the floor. I am using maphack item filter for those likely yield a lot of golds. Instead of care to kill mobs, all I do is town-running 1-2 times per baalrun +sell on the next start. More or less 200k golds per baal run average. After 20 runs there is 4 million in stash. That is awkward to lose, so what do I do? I go to a mule game and transfer a gold to a lvl 80..90 mule char, what never ever gets out of town. It wont be killed. It cannot be. That mule holds 30kk in stash. And that is not the only mule. It takes time to sell 30kk, and until that time, I keep stacking golds. How? I have at least 2 gold stash mules. Sometime I finished stacking gold on a 3rd mule. When I do baal runs whole day, that yields over 10kk, and selling it is likely once a week, or maybe 2 weeks (buyers unlikely to play every day, experience here). 30kk limit is really low. Why did you bring here the PVP or why did you think someone is going to play pvp with a gold bag mule I have no idea. Whoever is that Taygetus-positive they deserver to lose golds and you should not feel sorry for them.

Some insight from the point of view of the buyer. All they hate is the transfer process. They baal-run a char to 95 or 96, then stash a vendor 15% gheed, and that RW in bow, then start gambling circlets. They cost over 100k. 30kk gold is melting away in 5 minutes. Transfering the golds almost takes more time than spending it. Such a joke. That is what they hate. That struggle with the gold transfer. A gaming experience has low present on the realm because of that. Pushing out gold limits might help that.

If it has to be an item, then design a gold bar that gives 10kk golds into stash on right click (item example: respec token). How to create that item that is a good question. One fancy way is to allow players to interact with the malus stand in act 1 (quest "Tools of the Trade") after they finished that quest and let the malus stand drop them a gold bar on interact if they had 10kk in their stash.

Cheers,

10. Duduloi

English isn't my mother language, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I want to say "there is huge demand for gold, it is easy to sell gold". The trading process isn't easy at all. But that's ok, I won't insist in this matter. Thank you, Mr.Gix.

• Draft saved Draft deleted