D2 notebook

Discussion in 'Media' started by Phoenix, May 11, 2021.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

Hi, guys!
    I tried to create fun and useful story-guide, including some links
    For new players - to learn base game mechanics, tips and tricks
    For old players - to have some fun... and maybe learn something new
    For the server team - to express my gratitude for your work!

Enjoy: https://diablo2-notebook.wixsite.com/funguide

Feel free to post any comments, advices and... anything!

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Gix likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there @Phoenix,
    While I appreciate the effort, this thread isn't really an actual guide per se and this category is mainly intended for detailed guides. If it wasn't for the direct page towards this community that you added on your website one would have thought you're a random forum spambot linking external stuff, especially due to the short post and the very highlighted link inside which actually triggered the spam protection.
    The fact that you recently registered on the forums and you only have a couple of posts, as well as the fact that you don't seem to be active in-game either makes this whole experience a bit odd besides, external links usually require permission as per the community rules. It does seem interesting though and looks like you did put some work into it, with this community in mind which is definitely nice to see.

I didn't have much time to check the entire website but I'll have a look and see which of our forum categories does it fit into, meanwhile kindly edit your post and use a regular font size for your link.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

Hello!
    I have been playing on the server for about 1 year with an account *stil-stil. I know the rules and I understand your arguments. I have been a moderator in other forums and I know the basic rule: "if you have nothing to say, you better keep quiet". And for this 20-year-old game, everything is said, that's why I'm not active in the forum.

I started with the idea of a kick-assassin guide. I decided to explain how the poison works, cruching blow, AR, elemental ... It became a big and heavy text. That's why I separated it, added some more things and shaped it as a funny story. If you take the time to read it, you will understand that it is actually an explanation of how the mechanics of the game work, ie. guide.

I did not post it directly in the forum because of the large volume. As a site it can be seen by other people, which is a kind of advertising on the server. I can edit it if you have any comments.
    Thank you! Have fun!

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Indeed, there is quite some text but it can definitely fit in a forum as there are already many similar guides posted in this community. Another thing to consider would be reliability, meaning that chances are the link is not going to work a year or a couple of years from now compared to posting the content directly here besides, forums can also be seen by other people too and we have a major SEO advantage as well. As for the advertising part, well the website has no traffic at all so it would actually be us advertising it and not vice versa, although this isn't a problem at all as I can see your intentions are genuine and you have put effort into it with our community in mind by linking various pages and guide threads from here to back up the information you provided on your website.

At this point, I would say the thread fits more into the general discussions or the media category of this community and anyone interested can find it and read from there as this current category is a bit more selective and it's mainly dedicated to well-organized guides with longer content but I would like to see some complete guides from you posted directly in this community too in the future. You could even maintain the same format and the story concept by adding an image at the top of your posts, align the text, add descriptions, etc.

Overall it looks really nice, kudos for your work and for the story concept you came up with.

PS: In case you wish to correct a few simple typos that I found upon a quick glance here are a couple of them from page-1, page-8, page-9 and page-11 reding, HUNTIHG, CRUCHING

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

After all, what do you suggest I do? My initial idea to publish it directly in the forum, in a topic with several consecutive posts? In which category?

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Considering most of the information is already posted on the forums I'd say leave it as it is and in case you wish to share a detailed guide in the future then you can do that straight into the guides category as threads can always be moved if necessary. Then again if you wish to publish it directly on the forum in a separate topic with consecutive posts like a compendium you can do that too, it's totally up to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted