Loading...

Solved [FIX] Diablo2 won't launch in Russia (Не запускается Diablo2 в России)

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Darins85, Sep 29, 2026 at 6:28 AM.

  1. Darins85

    Darins85 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    I can’t launch D2 after the old season ends, even though everything worked fine before. If I run Diablo II Launcher.exe, the installation gets to the Patch_D2.mpg file and freezes. It’s as if it can’t load any further. (Screenshot -1)

    If you insert the archive via .zip with file replacement, after launching Diablo II Launcher.exe, the files are updated, and at the end the message “Checking 40 files for updates” is displayed (screenshot 2). After clicking the “Play” button, nProtect GameGuard starts, and the game remains in place... it doesn’t launch further, but ./TDAgg/ e63833a3eb52c8e6c6ff1837f431b36f5cfed84e is displayed at the bottom (screenshot 3).

    I attached the screenshots.

    I tried to follow the instructions and tried the solutions suggested on the forum, but nothing helped.
    1) I tried to completely disable the antivirus.
    2) I tried to install XP2 + administrator.
    3) I tried to add Windows 10 to the exceptions.
    4) I tried to install Dep and Lass.
    5) I tried to completely uninstall and clean the registry. Nothing helped.

    And one more thing: if you install Diablo2 version 1.13c, add a European or American server to the registry, and don’t change anything — just launch Diablo2 as usual — I’ll be able to enter the game and even join a server, but I won’t be able to create a game or join one. As far as I understand, this is because the game hasn’t been updated. Please help solve the problem with launching the game on your image. Translated from Russian to English using a translator.

     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2026 at 8:37 PM
    Gix likes this.
  2. Gix

    Gix Founder

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2005
    Messages:
    54,796
    Likes Received:
    5,848
    Trophy Points:
    113

    Hello there @Darins85, please have in mind that as long as your thread is not posted in the Localized section https://forum.europebattle.net/categories/localized-sections.857/, then you should be using English for us to understand you fully. Sounds like your provider might be blocking some connections and I've been told by some of the russian players that they do have to use VPN sometimes due to external censorship and restrictions. Another hint that this might be the issue is that there is a black image on your game launcher, instead of the ladder announcement banner.

    Since you used to run the game just fine before, if the provider itself is not blocking the connection, then some new software on your PC might be causing the conflict. Go ahead and perform a clean reinstall of your game client following these instructions and make sure you remove your game registry before doing so https://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/#post-881523
     
    Darins85 likes this.
  3. Darins85

    Darins85 Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Hello. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I’m launching from Russia. I tried what you recommended in the link, but it doesn’t work either. It seems you’re right — my provider really does block certain connections or data packets. Unfortunately, I don’t use programs like VPN via Windows 10. I use simple VPN plugins for Chrome to access some websites, including your website and forum.
     
  4. Gix

    Gix Founder

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2005
    Messages:
    54,796
    Likes Received:
    5,848
    Trophy Points:
    113

    Best Answer
    Unfortunately, that seems to be the case, and your provider has set a restriction on multiple external domains, which also affects us/you, so this is a country (Russia) restriction.

    Try using the following free VPNs https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn or https://windscribe.com/features/use-for-free to run the game and once the game opens, you should be fine with turning the VPN OFF and playing as normal without it, as your provider is most likely blocking only external domains and not IP addresses as well. Looks like this is indeed a restriction that Russia added, and hopefully it's just temporary.

    Alternatively, if you are from Russia and your provider is blocking the Launcher updates and other external domains, then follow the steps below to bypass this restriction and join the game:

    1. Download temp_Russia.zip https://www.sendspace.com/file/x7i9m854
    2. Extract the archive contents to your game folder and overwrite all the files inside.
    3. Start the game via EuropeBattle.exe (NOT via the Launcher!!!) or create a shortcut of Game.exe for window mode (-w), D2GL, etc
     
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2026 at 8:33 PM
    Kefflar32 and Darins85 like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted
    Loading...
    Similar Threads - [FIX] Diablo2 won't
    1. Muzas
      Replies:
      2
      Views:
      9,222
    2. Gix
      Replies:
      7
      Views:
      4,781
    3. allenhe77
      Replies:
      1
      Views:
      1,288
    4. Jade Starr
      Replies:
      18
      Views:
      6,591
    5. sickone
      Replies:
      5
      Views:
      4,294
    Loading...