Announcement Patch #12: QoL Improvements, Widescreen Support, Color Dyes and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Founder

We are pleased to introduce you to our new realm patch update! Patch notes can be found down below:
    • Widescreen Resolution support has been added https://i.imgur.com/WN19kqE.jpg
    • All tools have been updated to their latest versions http://europebattle.net/d2/tools
    • BH Maphack has been updated to the latest version. Supports item stats ranges display.
    • Deckard Cain has been placed conveniently near the stash in Act 5, Harrogath as in vanilla server.
    • Gem bags have been significantly improved.
    • All gem types and qualities can now be stored in one bag. BH Maphack one-click to remove them.
    • You can now cube up to 80 gems of any quality in a single transmute. Requires the same gem type.
    • Gems extracted from the bag will be automatically upgraded to perfect quality, no need to upgrade each gem individually anymore.
    • Gem bags now display the total number of gems https://i.imgur.com/XeWLTWH.png
    • Color dyes have been added. Dyes are a new visual customization option https://i.imgur.com/5ByaYE2.gif
    • A dye potion can change the color of a weapon, shield, helmet or armor. They are only offered as rewards for various events at the moment and as an incentive to exceptional members.
    • Color dyes will look best on a full plate armor (Example: Sacred Armor, Ancient Armor, Gothic Plate, Kraken Shell, etc) and not so good on leather armors.
    • Increased the max quantity of Keys, Tome of Identify and Tome of Town Portal from 200 to 250
    • Significantly increased the max quantity of Throwing Weapons, Javelins, Arrows and Bolts.
    • Fixed vanilla font that made the number 5 look like a 6 in game.
    • Hidden vanilla runewords Pattern and Plague have been enabled https://diablo.gamepedia.com/Plague_(Diablo_II_Rune_Word)
    • Phoenix runeword no longer casts Firestorm on hit. It has been replaced with Fireball. Applies to new drops only.
    • Hellfire Torch no longer casts Firestorm on hit. It has been replaced with an additional 5% experience bonus. Applies to new drops only.
    • Act 1 Mercenaries can now equip Crossbows.
    • Increased gambling odds.
    • Increased jewels drop rate.
    • Increased set items drop rate.
    • The gambling window will now show more items in order to better utilize the remaining empty space.
    • Fixed a vanilla bug which caused melee monsters with mana burn to reduce the player's mana by 256 times more than intended.
    • Bow skills will no longer consume arrows or bolts. This excludes Strafe and Normal attacks.
    • Fixed a vanilla bug concerning Amazon’s Dodge, Evade and Avoid skills by no longer triggering a dodge animation which means it will no longer interrupt the character (reverted back to original)

Important:
    As always, you must be up to date with the latest patch version in order to create and join games and there are two ways of doing that:
    1. Restart the client and let it auto-update to the latest patch version
    2. Visit our website and re-patch the game by downloading our custom realm patch from http://europebattle.net/d2/join
    Run the game as an Administrator.

Please let us know your feedback or if you find any bugs regarding the mentioned patch notes, before the ladder reset.
    Widescreen resolutions are experimental, make sure to read the text notes that come with the archive you download. Use glide-wrapper in order to play in full-screen mode!

I would like to thank everyone for your continuous support and contributions to this community. My special thanks go to these exceptional people for helping directly or indirectly with the patches and updates RandAlthor, Necrolis, Whist, Planqi, IAmTrial, Nefarius, Kingpin, Devurandom, PKCommunity and to our entire staff team. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone, send me a message in case I did. You're all awesome!

Fatty180, ErrorIRL, Time2D2 and 31 others like this.
  2. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

Hi there! Thank you for greate work with patch! What is color dyies and where i i can get it?
    Can i still play without 3dfx and wide resolution?

3. Sirtrollolol

Sirtrollolol Supporter

Wow this looks amazing! I cant wait to play friday. Ty Gix

GeRRy_OD likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Founder

For now, they will be rewarded on various forums and in-game events. A guide with additional screenshots will be posted later on.
    You can see how the result looks like here https://i.imgur.com/5ByaYE2.gif

You don't have to use the -3dfx parameter to run the game in widescreen.
    Simply download the required files and copy them inside of your game folder http://europebattle.net/downloads/D2WideScreen.zip

5. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

When i am playing d2 in wide-screen it is lagging :(
    Mb i need to change some settings?
    I have i3 processor with geforce 8400 xD
    Can you help me with settings of glide wrapper?

Can you show me how item dyies looks? Just interest)

6. tRopHy

tRopHy Senior Member

Amazing
    Great work

7. Sirtrollolol

Sirtrollolol Supporter

Yo, go to the general board>support>help desk. Search for a post with similar issues. If there arent any then create a thread there and post your question. Try to include as many details as possible about your set up and how you installed the game.

summerfun and Gix like this.
  8. Cascada

Cascada Supporter

This server ages like fine wine!!! Thanks @Gix !!!

9. Wtfleethax

Wtfleethax Active Member

Is the patch currently active? And if its not when do we need to up-to-date it?

10. Ha0s

Ha0s Well-Known Member

Gix likes this.
  11. Gix

Gix Founder

It is active, your client should have auto-updated to the latest version already.

SGPB75 and Wtfleethax like this.
  12. Leviathan

Leviathan Active Member

The last improvement if I can call it that way should be abolished and omitted. All these players who enjoy killing cows on a daily basis by pressing one button on a java will have fun and that's OK ofcourse. But many pvp games will suffer sooner rather than later. It is high time mana cost per potion on hell was reduced. All games should be made on the French servers as less lags are experienced there by many players not just myself. In terms of the gambling feature. Well... Gambling is gambling you cannot increase its rates just like that. Doesn't make sense doing it does it? Stacking more available items per gamble is good idea as it saves time. Moreover, act one mercenaries are visualised as holding bow but actually they will be using crossbows. I sense naivity here.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    SGPB75 likes this.
  13. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

thanks to everyone who worked on that patch! it looks amazing

14. sadistic

sadistic Member

poison necro hype

15. sp32k

sp32k Active Member

It looks like someone from your team has already read the patch notes of one other server and posted em here :O

SGPB75 likes this.
  16. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

That must be a weird coincidence, the GM team has been brainstorming over the patch notes for several months.
    Some ideas got implemented, other ideas got rejected.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    markodzzz likes this.
  17. lightning_fury

lightning_fury Well-Known Member

Multiple wow!s from me here, finally a smart bag! A real paradise for crafting and rolling, ty

18. andrey85123

andrey85123 Member

Since the worst quality gems are not used anywhere else (neither in items, nor in the recipes of the cube), I propose to turn all the gems into Perfect ones, why do we need useless gems? (chipped/flawed/std/flawless)
    It's time to do it!

Gix, please comment it

19. sorkaikorka

sorkaikorka Playing D2 LoD since 2005 Supporter

20. Gix

Gix Founder

We have a feedback thread for this reason, any of the changes can be reverted at any time and we are here to discuss them respectfully as a community. Keep that in mind because your last posts on this forum are pretty toxic I would say. Now, you can switch in between games and be assigned to a french server instead, however, german servers are as good and among top worldwide providers.
    Why increasing gambling odds doesn't make sense exactly? Don't think that we increased them by a lot now and as I said, changes can always be adjusted if needed it's not like tweaking some rates takes one try to make them perfect and please absolutely everyone in one go. By default, gambling odds for unique items are 0.05% and for set items is 0.1% but besides that, there is also a different formula to calculate exceptional and elite upgrades once you actually manage to get one of those items. We basically increased a bit the first mentioned rates.

Mercenaries from act 1 are able to equip crossbows but indeed they will be visually still holding a bow, it's just how the game engine works. By the time you find a decent bow, you could use a better crossbow which conveniently enough it uses the IAS breakpoint of bows. How exactly is this naive in any way? It can only benefit someone who starts playing.

Regarding amazon, the dodge/avoid/evade is an original game bug and does the following. If you use skills like zeal, jab, fend, etc and at one point dodge or avoid kicks in then your attack will miss. What this fix does, it makes the attack stop missing only when dodge or kicks will proc. You can still hear the "Hyah!" sound. Please let us know how can this affect pvp and we can discuss it if needed. Maybe something else is being affected with this fix, would be great if you can also post a video of this or send me a private message and I will upload it.

You can use those gems for various other recipes. The gems bag will automatically turn every gem into a perfect one, you don't have to upgrade chipped, flawed, standard or flawless anymore.

Also, since someone asked this question in-game keep in mind that phoenix runeword and hellfire torch changes apply to new drops only. Previously made runewords or found torches will have the old stats.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.