Announcement Patch #14: Class Balances, New Runewords, New Level 85 Areas and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Oct 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSC

SSC Member

Isn't it funny Mr. Gix, you will probably delete this and ban me, but unfortunately you have stolen almost all the content from a certain private server and from the original game :D It is so sad to see that you don't have a mere imagination so you can think of any changes on your own. 0 respect from me and stop masking this b****shit like u are a creator :D

2. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Did Gix state somewhere that he is the creator of upcoming changes?

vossuedbx, Nopik and Gix like this.
  3. sirius_A

sirius_A Senior Member

Could be true, but who really cares?!
    Server is stable and "unfortunatelly" most players who are fed up of retail/original, gather here for fun.
    Fact is that we can literally play in peace, and, I believe this matters.

vossuedbx, Kefflar32, Nopik and 2 others like this.
  4. Cem

Cem Well-Known Member

What we don't need to do is being toxic in these days. This is a waste of time. It is almost 2024 and we can still play Diablo 2 with a community. BIG RESPECT to Gix for keeping this community alive.

vossuedbx, Anrito, Kefflar32 and 3 others like this.
  5. Gix

Gix Founder

@SSC, I'm not sure if you realize that this is a private realm that mimics the blizzlike experience of the game and the first post literally says that most of these changes are ported straight from D2R, the original game itself and that is the whole idea. Where did I ever claim myself as being the creator of all these changes, or anyone else for that matter? There's even a note at the end of the first post mentioning quite some names who contributed to many of the game changes through the years but I guess you didn't even bother to read that part and there are probably hundreds more if not thousands.
    This game was released over 22 years ago, every single little change and idea that exists in this game has been made public and used at some point by a mod or by a server many years ago, there's even a whole modding community for this game active still and tons of released mods. Our realm is online for more than 18 years now which makes us one of the oldest communities still alive if not the oldest to this date, should I claim that any mod or server that existed after us and comes with an extended storage space or uses any of our oldest features has copied us and they are full of b****shit? Maphacks also exist for many years, does this mean Blizzard claimed they are the creators of all the new features that came with D2R which maphacks already had for ages? The fact that you created a new forum account just to vent some nonsense shows just how frustrated of an individual you are, mind your own business and don't act like a hypocrite in a community that provided you support and a free place to play for years.

vossuedbx, Anrito, Ezekiel and 6 others like this.
  6. Gix

Gix Founder

Hey there @R2D2V2, I think something went wrong with your update. Are you running the Diablo II Launcher?
    Here is what I see https://gyazo.com/e40c2f1ab22d021db5b90e3a0c6d1d3d
    [​IMG]

7. Random-Hero

Random-Hero Rocket Scientist Supporter

It's funny how people tend to throw mud at you when you have a little success with something, or in this case with a project. I have been playing here for a long time and I never saw Gix take credit for the implementations that they brought to the Diablo II project. That being said, like others above mentioned, people tend to be toxic.

Now, on the subject, glad to see so many changes and looking forward to play on the new leader, kudos for keeping up the good work!

vossuedbx, Anrito, Ezekiel and 4 others like this.
  8. MythoS

MythoS Senior Member

Played many sp mods since I started diablo II and even make many changes by my self, this @SSC kid must only knows to farm and nothing else in this game instead of thanking there is ppl like here who keep this game alive for such long time. Its time to throw the toxic trash out boys!
    I forget to say I dont think Gix or anybody from here want your personal respect when I see u dont have respect even for yourself with this type of thinking

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    Kefflar32 likes this.
  9. R2D2V2

R2D2V2 Active Member

I have the rest of the skills shown correctly, only lightning fury has synergy left, so I ask, have you not finished the content yet, or is my re displayed correctly? I downloaded the update by unpacking the archive to the root of the game

10. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Sry, what changes are there for Lightning Fury? I do not see any in that patch notes.

Nopik and Gix like this.
  11. R2D2V2

R2D2V2 Active Member

Power Strike
    • Removed synergy from Lightning Fury skill
    Charged Strike
    Lightning Strike

12. realaki

realaki Supporter

to me this means that having points in lightning fury doesnt give bonus damage to charged strike, lightning strike and power strike.
    i think you misunderstood the notes, skills that benefit from lightning fury hasnt changed, only the skills that lightning fury benefits.

Kefflar32, Gix and Nopik like this.
  13. Gix

Gix Founder

Sorry was just about to leave and thought that was Lightning Strike you were asking about, Lightning Fury has not been modified so that displays correctly. Thanks @ameth for pointing that one out and @realaki for the explanation on the synergyes. I've mentioned that skill synergy reliance on “Lightning Fury” is being freed up in one of my previous posts, this doesn't imply the skill itself but only the synergy.

14. R2D2V2

R2D2V2 Active Member

lightning fury receives bonuses from --------!!!
    Power Strike
    Charged Strike
    Lightning Strike
    I dont understand anything anymore, does lightning fury get a bonus from these skills or not?

15. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Let me clear the confusion.

-Putting points on Power Strike, Charged Strike, or Lightning Strike does improve the damage of Lightning Fury.

-Putting points on Lightning Fury does not improve the damage of Power Strike, Charged Strike, or Lightning Strike.

Is it clear now?

Gix likes this.
  16. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

New Rune Word: Mosaic
    Allowed Items: Claw
    Rune Order: Mal + Gul + Amn
    Code:
    +2 to Martial Arts (Assassin only)
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    +200-250% Enhanced Damage
    +20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    7% Life Steal
    +8-15% to Cold Skill Damage
    +8-15% to Lightning Skill Damage
    +8-15% to Fire Skill Damage
    +8-15% to Poison Skill Damage
    Prevent Monster Heal

I dont see this item usable at all, since it has no 50% chance not to consume charges...

17. Gix

Gix Founder

I do agree on that @zirzius, it is a mediocre one without it but unfortunately the attribute itself is a hardcoded one in D2R and besides that it is quite overpowered.
    I did mention in a previous post that we are open to suggestions to find a more suitable replacement, maybe something like crushing blow or deadly strike.

18. zirzius

zirzius Supporter

I see, ty for info.

All MA builds are quite trash without this option, basicaly nothing will save it, unless you can cast it on self, still will be slow af

Time2D2 and Gix like this.
  19. ameth

ameth Senior Member

Does that lightning skill damage add to traps?

20. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

what ameth said is right. before you had to put points in lightning fury skill if you was using power strike or charged strike or lightning strike and wanted more damage
    now u have 20 free points u can put anywhere u want without depending on lightning fury + you have more synergy % for this skills

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.