Info Read First Then Apply

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Charlemagne, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne

Charlemagne Forum Legend

Hello fellow players and aspiring Referee/GM/Admin's,

I would like to start off by saying, thank you all for your time and the efforts you put fourth in order to help keep this community alive and flourishing. Without all of us collectively, it really wouldn't be what it is today. Especially from the work put in by those who started and maintained this place. With that in mind, I would like to say a few things about the application process and what I think you should do before applying. They are just simple principles to keep in mind before you start your first application post. This will save you time, us time, and keep your hopes from being crushed in the beginning when you could have prevented it all from the start. Let's begin the learning step in this adventure, shall we?

The sole intention of this post is to:

• Advise new applicants & aspiring members about what they can do to show us they are ready for the job.
    • Help refused applicants to understand what they could have done to get accepted or what they were lacking.
    • Hopefully save us time by reducing the amount of applicants that are clearly not ready for this task / position.
    • Boost the moral of the community by encouraging members to be helpful outside of the motivation for GM.

This is not intended to shoo anyone away from applying or to install the idea that you need to be RoboCop in order to be accepted. It is only aimed at helping the community understand what little you need to start helping the many players from around the world, right now, today. Even as a normal player, you can do many things to help us around the community that will not only save us time, but also increase your chances of being chosen for the staff position you may be applying for. An important point to remember is that while we do not require you to have much experience or a specific amount of minimum time here as a community member, that does not mean that we want your first post to be, "Hey, let me be admin!"; I respect the ambition you have but wanting the job is only half the battle.

The most important thing to remember is that you don't need to be an Admin, Game Master, or even a Moderator to help us do our job. We appreciate everyone who joins this community for reasons that support it's cause and do not try and exploit / ruin it. However there are always the selfish few who want to exploit the game in order to take it all for themselves. It is our job to make sure those players get properly punished and it's is our duty to ensure that nobody with this type of mind-frame will become a staff member here at GameSymbol. So do your part and help the community first, then apply for a position later. It really shows a lot about your character, mind-frame, passion, and loyalty. If it's just to login and see a blue cape and some shiny armor then I really don't think your priorities are set where they need to be for the job.

The ratio between staff members who are actually helpful and staff members that just wanna look cool is something that needs to be closely monitored. Keeping innovative, respectful, helpful, and efficient staff members will reduce the amount of inactive GM's and it will also stop us from having 4 - 5 staff members online with only two of them doing their job. It is understandable if you are staff member that logs in and would like to be be playing the game if you see two other GM's who have it under control. However, asking them and going out of your way to help is why we are chosen. If you don't attempt to try or even make sure then you are wasting that space for somebody who has the potential to utilize it properly.

Here is a list of what we are looking for along with a small description explaining them in more detail. None of these are in any type of order and they should not be looked at as a priority list. It is just an uncategorized list of all the things you should be doing if you want to help us progress the server and not waste everyone's time here while you achieve a status or rank and do nothing to help.

1. To always be professional and courteous to members and other staff.

2. To be active in game and forums.

3. To be in daily contact with the Administration.

4. Must be able to speak and write English well.

5. Must be willing to work in team and cooperate with other staff in duties that concerns the server.
    I hope this has brought some clarity to the eyes of our members and upcoming applicants. This is something I would love to see improvement on. I know we can do better than what I have been seeing. This job really doesn't take much, but it does take some effort and a lot more than just the desire to be a Game Master.

Thanks again,
    Charlemagne

Atox, Gix, Harvest and 2 others like this.