Info Sting's Maphack 1.13c - basic information

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Reacher, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

Sting's Maphack 1.13c - basic information

Note: Everything referring to the maphack start process is related to the standalone version and not to the integrated one which most players are using.
    The topic will be supplemented according to frequently asked questions and problems on the map. This topic covers basic information and functions of the Sting's Maphack 1.13c. Check out STING Maphack Configuration Guide for advanced and detailed options and commands.

Sting's maphack is applicable for 1.13c and is a map allowed in the server. After downloading the maphack, you need to unzip it with a suitable program, eg with WinRar. The map is run from the d2hackmap.exe file. When you click Sting's Map is loaded on the loader, and its active icon goes down to the bar, next to the clock.

Basic buttons and access to the configuration file for map settings:
    After launching and loading the map, right-click on the icon next to the clock -> Properties -> Config Files -> edit d2hackmap.cfg. This opens the configuration file (notepad). With Ctrl + F you can search for the required word or line for setting.
    2. When changing the configuration file, save the changes, eg with Ctrl + S. To refresh the folder, press the Unload Plugin button (with the loader in focus) or exit the AND folder! loader, then log in again.

Frequently asked questions and problems related to the map:

How do I exit from the map?
    Right-click on the map icon next to the clock -> Close. The map is closed, but it is still attached to the loader. Close the loader and when you restart you will be without a map.

d2mapchack not loaded. Help!
    The most likely reason for this is that the executable file on the folder is disabled by your antivirus program or by a raised UAC (Windows 7/8). For Windows 7/8, right click on d2hackmap.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility. Check -> Start this program as an administrator and apply with approx. If you have an antivirus program, add the files: d2hackmap.exe and d2hackmap.dll in the exclusion / exception of the antivirus.

I did the above, but the map doesn't start again!
    If you have an antivirus, make sure it has not deleted some of the files on the folder. If you find that this is the case, temporarily disable the antivirus before unpacking. Unzip the folder again, add the files to the exceptions, and only then release the protection.

How do I remove the socket protection?
    You can easily check which key is responsible for this in your map. Enter the configuration file as described above in item 1 and look for the line: "Socket Protect Toggle: 1, VK_XXX". The key after "VK_" is set for you to remove the protector.

The game drops me out of town!
    Most likely you have chicken life included in the map. Right-click the icon next to the clock -> properties-> config files -> edit d2maphack.cfg. Find the command line: "Chicken Life: xxx" and change it to "Chicken Life: 0". Restart the folder settings with the "Unload Plugin" button or exit the loader and folder, then log in again.

When you press the "someone" key, the game throws me out!
    The probable reason for this is a folder setting related to Quit Game Exit. Enter the map configuration file as described above and look for the command line: "Quick Next Game Key". After "VK_" put a letter of your choice, instead of the set "random" key. Example setting: "Quick Next Game Key: VK_DELETE". Restart the map and loader.

I have another problem with running a map!
    Check out STING Maphack Configuration Guide and see if anyone has had the same problem. If you can't find a solution there, post a new topic describing what the problem is and what you've done so far to solve it. At the first opportunity you will receive feedback / help. If the problem is considered common, it will be added here.

Atox, inayat, Nopik and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Thank you for your effort, looks clean and informative. Socket protection, chicken and next game keys are indeed common popular questions for the Sting Maphack users.
    One thing I would add is mentioning that everything referring to the maphack start process is related to the standalone version and not to the integrated one which most players are using.

Atox likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted