Solved Lagging on full screen

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by baronbiker, May 25, 2018.

1. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Hello guys. Whenever i start the game on full screen from the game.exe i get very laggy all the time.However when i start it from the loader.exe on boarders it does not lag at all.My internet connection is very stable so there should be another problem.
    thanks in advance.

2. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

Lag also means bad pc or bad fps not only connection. On website you can find fix for common errors, read this thread.

3. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

okey i downloaded it and ran the program.i tried the fullscreen again and it was laggy again. the pc is good.

4. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

I'd like to ask, when you say the game is laggy - do you mean the game takes a minute or two to start up...but once playing it is fine? or that the whole experience is laggy and seems lower fps?

As for full screen vs windowed....if you are using direct3d mode for d2, it doesnt play very well with fullscreen. This could very well be causing an issue.
    I would recommend using Glide3d if this is the case, a guide can be found here: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/ I have also added my own information on the last post of his guide.

If the entire game is laggy, in-game after a few minutes...it is likely a driver or antivirus conflict. I would recommend making sure graphics drivers are up-to-date and that you have the game whitelisted in windows firewall or antivirus software.

Let us know if this has helped.

TimmyDeezNuts and Gix like this.
  5. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

I am following the guide you provided and i have the following difficulties.
    1. 'select 3DFX Glide.' -
    after starting the D2vid test i was not presented with another windows or anything there fore i can not choose the 3dfx glide
    2.TARGET EXAMPLE : X:\EXAMPLE\D2\GAME.EXE -w -3dfx -skiptobnet
    after applying the aforementioned to target, it says that the target is invalid
    edit: first problem solved
    only the second one remains
    all is solved, close the topic and thank you

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Escorb4r likes this.
  6. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Glad to hear Glide3D solved the problem for you! Cheers and Enjoy :)

EDIT: For future clarifiaction, the entire instruction set to change target value paramaters, adding -3dfx -w -skiptobnet -blahblah is unnecessary and should be skipped. Those options only control (and not correctly on windows 10) the same options that were already configured in Step 4 of my Glide wrapper post: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/page-2#post-851251
    Doing the target command parameters can interfere with the glide3d config utility. If you are following the original guide(!st post), please skip that step, the updated guide is my most recent post. (linked above)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  7. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Hello again, i did everything as per instructions and the game is better than ever. i only have one small problem. From time to time the game just gives me an error, something like 0000005 and just closes the game. i never had such problems when playing windowed mode, any solutions?

8. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

Are you using Maphack? If so, are you using the inject method or the integrated version? I would recommend using the integrated version if you're not already. That is the most common scenario for the c05 error.

9. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

i am using the integrated map hack (the one that you install in the d2 folder). Also i got another error:
    Halt
    location ,line #193
    Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6f8574ae

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor Senior Member

There shouldnt be any issues with the integrated version - it works pretty solidly. That almost looks like an error you would receive with MPQ or DATA conflicts...Do you have -direct -3dfx -txt, any of those commands in your "target parameters" for diablo 2 shortcut? It should be completely blank after "C:/program files/diablo II" (or wherever your install is located) It should look like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  11. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

Does this mean i need to create a shortcut of the ''game.exe''
    edit: i created a shortcut on my desctop. the shortcuts target had nothing after ''game.exe'' and i still got the same error listed above.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. Gix

Gix Founder

Maphack and full screen don't mix well together and while one could have no errors or whatsoever by using full screen, another may experience them from time to time or more often than others. You could give BH maphack a try but it's best if you stick to window mode while using the maphack.

Escorb4r likes this.
  13. Escorb4r

Escorb4r Supporter

Never been able to use MH on full screen, so my suggestion is just not to use it. And as @Gix said above it may be different from player to player if it works properly or not but in my case it never worked together.

14. baronbiker

baronbiker Member

when i tried the other maphack (the one thats not integrated) the diablo icon did pop up in the list of games but for some weird reason i couldnt load it to the game?

• Draft saved Draft deleted