Announcement Patch #12: QoL Improvements, Widescreen Support, Color Dyes and More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Gix, Feb 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilwish

Devilwish Well-Known Member

Me and couple of friends of mine have the following issue - when we download the Widescreen Resolution file and extract it to the D2 folder, after launching the game it works fine but when trying to get into a game it crashes with no error or anything, just like that. Any suggestions?

AngerKid likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

@Devilwish, what operating system are you using? Does this happen with every character, even a fresh one? Where is your game folder located because I noticed you have deleted one of your posts in this thread and you were having permission issues I'm guessing due to the game being installed on your desktop. You could also try a fresh install following these instructions in case you were using some integrated maphack before or other mixed tools inside of the client folder.

3. andrey85123

andrey85123 Member

only perfect gems use in game, mainly for reroll magic items, rarely for create sockets and upgrade items to elite, other gems are never used, but every time for reroll magic items require convert 3 any gems to perfect, It is very uncomfortable, and why, if chipped-flawless gems never nowhere not used?

no exists recipe magic + 3 any gems -> reroll magic (req only 3 perfect gems)

now, i try and dont work recipe: gems bag + flawed gem + flawed gem + flawed gem, why?
    [​IMG]

4. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Kefflar32 likes this.
  5. Kefflar32

Kefflar32 Well-Known Member

bro you already can use 1 gem instead of 3 each time to upgrade and reroll and you still not happy? maybe u want free gems at akara how easier you want this when u save a lot of time from bnet
    u need gems to be same type but can be any quality like first posts says and i tested. example chipped ruby + flawed ruby + standard ruby
    awesome updates guys thank you so much for having a stable server all these years and great people to play with
    [​IMG]

Tzutzu79 and Cem like this.
  6. andrey85123

andrey85123 Member

clear, anyway it's very inconvenient, too many actions, pull out one stone at a time, it’s easier not to use this bag at all
    you probably don't play yourself and don’t know that it’s completely unnecessary, give us a simple recipe:
    magic item + 3 any gems -> reroll
    and will be great
    thank you

7. andrey85123

andrey85123 Member

what you mean? for reroll magic item required 3 perfect gems, not alone, i checked, used grand charm + perfect emerald = this dont work

later you will be to extract them a very long time

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    SGPB75 likes this.
  8. Volkov

Volkov Member

Heya,
    I've been looking forward to this year's reset and the changes you guys are bringing in. That widescreen change is gonna be a gamechanger in pvp. Not to mention that amazon "fix"
    A lot of the changes are indeed quality, but i have to agree with andrey85123, it is still faster and less tedious to transmute a chipped gem into a perfect than to have to put it in a bag and extract it. Even if i do sort the gems by color to cube 80 of them, which is next to impossible for me, the extra actions of removing a gem via the Gem Remover is really annoying. Not to sound ungrateful, maybe it's a good change for others. Also i think the widescreen has broken the option of fast cubing from inventory with right mouseclick

SGPB75 and GeRRy_OD like this.
  9. ivan g

ivan g Well-Known Member

Wide screen its like small scroll lock u see much more vs people they dont have it .Not good for pvp.
    Amazon Fix (dodge animation)makes amazon almost immortal. I test it today.Not good for pvp.
    Another changes ok.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Povka, SGPB75 and Gix like this.
  10. milenskipln

milenskipln Well-Known Member

This update is so good that i have feeling I am playing Diablo II remastered (holy ****)

11. Gix

Gix Founder

@Volcik222, we are bound to certain game limitations in diablo besides gems hold good value in this realm, bags are only optional. Also, which maphack are you referring to? I would recommend using the latest BH version over Sting in this case since it's more modern and up to date.
    We did consider the PvP aspect when we added widescreen support thus why you can see the word "experimental" in the first post but keep in mind this changes the width of the screen and it's not some 1080p or higher resolution. You can also already use a maphack and the camera feature from sting as well so you are basically able to see the enemy position even before you see him on the screen anyway.

@ivan g, we are reconsidering the amazon vanilla bug fix. If it's causing issues in PvP we will remove it.

SGPB75 and ivan g like this.
  12. Bglzaborg

Bglzaborg I'm not BG Forum Legend

I think the changes arent that overpowered for pvp. you can see the enemy on your mini map anyway.
    the amazon dodge change makes zons slightly better in pvp but still isnt that big. a good player could use the weapon change bug before (by clicking "w" two times) to stop the dodge animation.

about gem bags: i would personally only use them for trading gems. for self use they are not very handy

my humble opinion

13. Kefflar32

i dont miss having 10 mules for gems you can choose to use or not plus now u dont need to upgrade every gem. in old days this was taking me lot more upgrading 3 each
    wide is screen stretch u dont stay still 5 seconds to try see enemy first when u move all time and u have minimap and maphack lol. 27 inch monitor and loving it

excited to try plague runeword

14. AngerKid

AngerKid Active Member

Hi, I faced the same problem, I have Win10 64bit, if I start the game through Loader, the game starts in the window and I can change the resolution ... if I launch the game through EuropeBattle, then the same situation with the game crashing without errors. Tell me the solution to the problem and is it even possible to play with widescreen resolution in full screen?

15. Gix

Gix Founder

There is a reason why everyone recommends running this game in window mode when it comes to modern operating systems, because it is way more stable in general and especially if you wish to use 3rd party tools next to it. This doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience as yours but this is why you are able to run the game and widescreen in window mode just fine. If you wish to use widescreen resolution in fullscreen mode then you can do it via glide-wrapper as explained in this post http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/new-ws-support.544935/#post-911008

SGPB75 likes this.
  16. GeRRy_OD

GeRRy_OD Senior Member

Hello friends! I've donwnloaded latest patch and applyed it. But there is no widescreen mode in game in video options. Am i doing something wrong?

17. Kefflar32

you need to download it from website http://europebattle.net/d2/tools

Gix and GeRRy_OD like this.
  18. lawyerzzzz

lawyerzzzz Senior Member

Wide Screen looks great....Really big thx....

19. Fatty180

Fatty180 Well-Known Member

interesting about gambling odds increased Mayb it will become meta soon we shall see!

20. Anon815

Anon815 Active Member

Awesome update and psyched for the ladder reset!

Just a comment on the discussions regarding gems and the tediousness of cubing or putting them in the gem bag, would it not be easier to remove non-perfect gems completely and just drop perfect gems only?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.