New WS support

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by starxplor, Feb 16, 2020.

1. starxplor

starxplor Supporter

I have copied the files from the WS support zip into my D2 directory, the game launches, joins chat, and gives me the new game options screen. However, when actually creating the new game, the screen goes blank as it used to do, but then never comes back (usually took about 1-2 seconds). I can run it and create a new game when using windowed mode (-w) but when using it normally full screen, it seems to fail to properly reset the resolution when the game starts.
    I looked quickly at the directory and do not see a log file to attach here.

2. Gix

Gix Founder

I highly recommend everyone use window mode "-w" in order to run this game on any of the modern operating systems. This alone fixes so many incompatibility game issues, no matter if you use other 3rd party tools or the game as is. If you wish to use the full-screen mode you will need to do it via glide-wrapper. Uncheck window-mode, Uncheck keep aspect ratio and Set static size to no.

/edit: I have updated the readme.txt file inside of the widescreen archive on our website's tools page.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  3. Devilwish

Devilwish Well-Known Member

Can we use better resolution tho with glide or its gonna be the standart res not the one you implemented?

4. starxplor

starxplor Supporter

Windowed mode creates a tiny little window of the game that is so small I can barely read any of the text. It is really not playable that way. I guess I will have to stick with SD and not WS.

• Draft saved Draft deleted