Solved BH maphack question

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by pipo, Jan 3, 2022.

1. pipo

pipo Senior Member

Hello everyone :)
    i would like to ask if theres a way to make my BH maphack always to show items on ground instead of keep alt , i tryed to find the option in settings ingame but could not ;x
    sorry if this question have been ask before :) Thanks in advance

2. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

As far as I recall, there's no 'permanently show ground items' key in BH maphack, only in Sting. However, you do have the option to add 'Notify' to each item of interest to you, and it will write when those items drop.

3. pipo

pipo Senior Member

Lel thanks for the answer :) i did download sting 1st (the one from site) but it was terrible had some rly annoying shortcuts (space bar = port and goes to town) + it was showing all the items in game (no filter at all) and still i had to keep alt , but ye thank you

4. Gix

Gix Founder

5. pipo

pipo Senior Member

Thank you i manage to get sting map hack and always show the loot on ground but , the BH map hack had this nice shortcuts "shift+right click drop item" "shift+left click indent item" is there way to use that on Sting ? and also i did download a config that say filtred but i still see a lot of useless items , any help with that mate?
    + im not getting notification on top left corner for good items and high runes .. is this only from BH maphack

6. Gix

Gix Founder

You can use "CTRL+click" with Sting as for the loot filters make sure to add them properly to your config or to replace the configuration file entirely (don't forget to restart the game) and see which one fits you best as some may reveal more items while others are for intermediate or advanced use. You can also adjust it as per your own needs by following this guide http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/sting-maphack-configuration-guide.537869/
    The drop notification is a BH maphack feature, just as showing items permanently is a sting maphack feature.

Kefflar32 and pipo like this.
  7. sphinx25

Personally, I use Sting more often, because it has more features that I enjoy than BH. However, BH has more advanced item filtering capabilities (filtering on staffmods, skilltabs and levels, ed% / id% on socketables a.s.o.), and the ability to map all available inventory / stash / cube space, whereas Sting only 'knows' vanilla. So, for gem / jewel / item muling in large numbers, BH is better fit for the job.

The basic idea is to use what one likes and customize configs to one's liking. Some personal effort should be put in, whichever you prefer.

As the word goes, use 'the right tool for the job at hand'.

Kefflar32, Atox and pipo like this.
  8. pipo

pipo Senior Member

Well ye i tryed lots of configs on sting but none of them got this option to indent items with shortcut and put them in stash/cube ;x and this is probably the biggest advance In BH and the item notification at top left corner ;/ and ye i do understand that probably someone can make his own cofig and make it perfect for him but thats not me ;( i had to reinstal the diablo few times today only because i keep messing around with this maphacks ;/ Thank you for the help guys.

just in case anyone got a rdy maphack with this shortcuts that BH got them but also got a nice filter so i don't see all this unusable unique items/potions/misc, please let me know

Edit: oh also i tryed to coppy that row Perm Show Items Toggle: 1, VK_F //Permanent show items on the ground and paste it in BH config just to manage to get the loot perma show but it aint working ;(

9. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

If it has // in front that means it's disabled and lines from sting won't work in bh. Best is to put some effort into doing your own config or just get one which is close to want you want and just edit it.
    Cheers

pipo and Kefflar32 like this.
  10. sphinx25

The process of editing a config is simple:
    1. Use a backup (copy the .cfg file in a different folder, same goes for the .vcb if you intend to change it).
    2. Edit one line at a time, save and test in-game, by reloading config and checking the effect(s) of what you just changed).
    3. Repeat with whatever you intend to change, and don't forget to refresh the backup every once in a while, with copies of the .cfg file that you're temporarily satisfied with.

So, in a few simple words, backup -> change -> save -> reload -> test, then repeat.

Atox and pipo like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted