Solved Game Error - Please Help

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by hveezy, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hveezy

hveezy Member

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing lag issues in game. It only occurs when I am in game, during sign in and loading everything seems to work fine...

When I exit d2 i am getting 2 error messages the first is:

upload_2020-3-27_11-50-57.png

The second is:

upload_2020-3-27_11-51-50.png

I only started getting these 2 errors after i installed sting MH.

Anyone know if this is related to my in game lag?

Has anyone seen these errors before and have a fix?

Thank you!

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello there,
    The error you get upon exiting the game is pretty much Microsoft's fault; it seems that the latest Windows 10 builds are throwing this kind of error if you are using glide together with other games.
    If you're only using the maphack and not glide then try deleting the glide3x.dll from your game folder and see if that helps. The error has no impact on the game though, it just pops up when you exit the application.

Regarding your in-game issue, is it stuttering due to low fps or what happens exactly? Type /fps while in-game and check if low fps drop is an issue for you or not.
    If low fps is the issue then read this post http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/#post-764276

3. hveezy

hveezy Member

Hi Gix,

I just tried a little trouble shooting to figure out if i could provide more info.

Currently my FPS does not drop below 79 fps and fluctuates between 79 - 85 fps in game.

Additionally, I just found that when i create a game in normal mode, the lag is completely gone and the game functions smoothly. When i make nightmare and hell mode games, the lag issue returns. Any thoughts on this?

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Don't think I ever heard of something similar before, what 3rd party tools are you using exactly? Did you run the game as default, with no 3rd party tools at all?
    Here is a link to how a fresh install or re-install should look like just in case.
    What kind of lag are you experiencing though? Does it come and go, is it something constant as your fps would be really low or does typing stuff in the game chat shows up instantly?

5. hveezy

hveezy Member

What I am experiencing is constant. For example, when I try to move items in inventory there is a time between when i click on it and when i can move it. When i select a waypoint there is a lag before the waypoint menu shows up or sometimes i have to click on it multiple times before it registers. Same thing with vendors or other NPCs (example cain to ID items, sometimes registers most times doesnt or lags before his menu shows up). When i use teleport on sorc. sometimes it will teleport, other times it lags and it won't. This only happens in Nightmare and Hell games.

In Normal difficulty games, everything is instant and snappy.

I have re-installed a few times today. I will try again using your link above.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Given the current pandemic situation in the world, the vast majority of internet providers are struggling as everyone is forced to stay indoors and obviously this will cause overload and latency issues, however, this doesn't seem to be your case since normal difficulty games are working just fine for you.

/edit I also ran a ping test from some of our game servers to your IP address and everything seemed to be fine but on a closer look, it appears that your internet provider Verizon is experiencing some connectivity issues and packets losses with several countries, including Germany. If you are assigned to one of our dutch servers when you create a new a game then this might be the problem here and maybe when you created normal difficulty games you were assigned to some of our french servers instead which your provider doesn't seem to have any issues with at the moment, thus everything was smooth. When did you start experiencing this and when did you join us? I will do some checks later on as well but so far it appears Verizon is experiencing some temporary routing issues with several countries.

7. hveezy

hveezy Member

Thank you for performing a deep dive.

I started experiencing this issue yesterday afternoon. I joined Saturday or Sunday and have been running MH since Tuesday/Wednesday ( i cant remember of the top of my head)

Update on my end: I Re-installed the game and ran it without MH in hell difficulty and there was no issue. I downloaded MH and ran hell difficulty and the lag issue is back so I am making an assumption that this has something to do with MH. At the moment, I am going through and editing the MH to turn off as many features as I can that I feel I won't need to see if that helps reduce or eliminate the lag.

I will post an update if I am able to figure this out.

Cheers.

Gix likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

Which maphack did you download, @hveezy? Switch the maphacks as we provide two different ones and see if the problem persists.
    In this case, it seems the maphack is causing issues for you and Verizon tests could only be ICMP protocol related with no real impact on connectivity.

Thanks for keeping us updated, cheers.

9. hveezy

hveezy Member

I have tried both maphack's and both give me the same issue.

I turned off alot of the features on stings MH and the problem does not seem to want to go away.

It's either the server in germany or its something related to MH lagging my game in NM/Hell modes.

A bit frustrated but I'll keep trying.

Thanks again.

10. Gix

Gix Founder

If you are only lagging in NM/Hell mode and while the MH is turned on then it has to be the maphack and not some connection issue otherwise you should have lagged in normal games and without maphack as well. You said that you joined Saturday or Sunday and you have been running MH since Tuesday or Wednesday but you started experiencing this issue yesterday afternoon, does that mean the game wasn't lagging for you while using maphack before? Did you do anything special on your computer since yesterday afternoon?
    The servers in Germany are fine by the way, your internet provider on the other hand, may experience temporary routing issues though but in order to be sure you would need to check the server IP you are logged on after you create the game just in case you somehow always only end up on those when you create your NM/Hell games and not Normal ones too. Either way, if that would be the case then it's something that your internet provider will have to fix on their end as I'm sure it's just temporary and most likely caused by this coronavirus crisis.

11. hveezy

hveezy Member

Just wanted to Update so we can close this out:

Gix and I pin pointed the issue and it had to do with my internet service provider. They were either throttling data in order to keep up with the massive amount of people who are home due to the current pandemic or there was some sort of other unknown issue on their end.

The issue lasted 2-3 days before clearing up and I have been able to play cleanly on this server since then.

Happy gaming to all

Cheers.

Gix likes this.