game too dark

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Evgeni Nedelchev, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Evgeni Nedelchev

Evgeni Nedelchev Senior Member

Hi there.
    So i took a new laptop with win10. Install the game, everything is just fine, but the game is too dark and in Option i cant move Gamma its grey.
    Ok so i decided to run glide, downloaded it, put the files in game folder and run D2Vidtst, choose the last option 3dfix Glide and click Ok.
    After this i have a message : An exception (C000000D) occurred during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in module: D:\Diablo II \glide3x.dll and noting happened
    100% sure this dll is in the Diablo 2 folder but this error showed up.
    Even so i run glide-int and make all the config u guys give us in the forum thread for glide and of course nothing happened again
    My game is still super dark and cant play like this , any help ?

2. Gix

Gix Founder

What is your GPU? Have you tried increasing gamma from its own panel and also download the latest video drivers?
    Have you tried any other games or apps besides Diablo II to see if they're also too dark?

As for that exit error, you have nothing to worry about and you can safely ignore it as mentioned in here http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/

3. Evgeni Nedelchev

i did this but the error is still there. Have the last and best drivers direct from Lenovo page. Everything else is good but the dark gamma on the game is crazy. Really bad

And its interesting why in game options- video i cant move Gamma settings its grey and i cant even choose it. May be this is the problem
    Check how bad this is :
    https://imgur.com/a/BcrDBMR

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  4. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

Hey,
    I am not sure if this will work but try to play the game in window mode not on full screen with glide, also if your using the glide wrapper, make sure that [renderer] no gamma is unchecked and shader gamma is checked.
    Another thing that i found usefull on windows 10 playing diablo 2 with glide is installing visual c++ both x64 and x86, sorted most of the errors for me.

ps: running everything as admin is a must on windows 10 for d2.

5. Gix

Gix Founder

Well, that's not as dark as I expected it to be after your initial post. Those are basically the game's default settings.
    Did you add "-3dfx" to your game shortcut and are you using the correct glide settings? Doesn't look like glide wrapper is running correctly.

PS: Gamma slider is greyed out by default in window mode as the game uses your monitor's gamma, you will need to run the game in full screen to enable the slider. This is normal.
    Glide wrapper will enable the gamma and perspective toggling while in windowed mode.

Kefflar32 and Stefansg like this.
  6. Evgeni Nedelchev

I did everythin like the thread is telling.. btw will try with C++ what version i need to install. Can u give me links with c++ that worked for u, ty
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2021, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2021 ---
    Is it possible the problem with the gama/dark colours are from my monitor ? Its a brand new Lenovo Idealad gaming 3 laptop, hm ?

7. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi there, from the screens you took, game looks perfectly fine so maybe check your monitor brightness also if you want to use glide make sure you are using the "-3dfx" in the game shortcut along with the rest of the compatibility settings because it looks like you are not running glide atm.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  8. Evgeni Nedelchev

When i pur -3dfx : An exception (C000000D) occurred during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in module: D:\Diablo II \glide3x.dll, then i put a "sound" files from the fix thread and get MSVCP100.DLL missing so game dont want to start.
    I saw a Visual C++may help but what version (year) to install ? And x32 and x 64 ? both right ?

9. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

That means you are missing the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, having a new laptop you should install those and you can install .NET Framework too. I got this one and works fine https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679 just chose what system you use (x64 probably) but you can install both x86 and x64.

Kefflar32 and Stefansg like this.
  10. Gix

Gix Founder

It is possible, yes. Is everything darker in general though or this happens only in Diablo II and other games?
    Also, any chance you can take a photo with your phone? Curious to see how dark does the screen look on your end since the screenshot looks perfectly normal on our end.

If the actual screen is the issue then you could try check the following:
    - look at your keyboard as you should have some brightness control keys, maybe you accidentally hit one of those and dimmed the screen. If you did, hit the Function key and adjust the brightness.
    - check your power plan settings and see if it's not currently stuck on a power saving plan, switch it to High Performance if that's the case.

Kefflar32 and kiwifruit like this.
  11. Evgeni Nedelchev

I really give up. Did everything but as i said: When i put -3dfx : An exception (C000000D) occurred during DllEntryPoint or DllMain in module: D:\Diablo II \glide3x.dll, then i put a "sound" files from the fix thread and get MSVCP100.DLL. Ok then i install net framework and c++ that Atox gave me and ---> UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) again. 100% i did everything from fix tread about this c000005 but still its there.
    i remove -3dfx from target and game runs smoot but dark. I guess this i cant do nothing more...
    My monitor Bright is at MAX and power plan is at High Performance
    May be to install Windows 8.1 not w 10 ?

12. Gix

Gix Founder

@Evgeni Nedelchev, if you're still getting a message about MSVCP100.DLL that means you're still missing some Visual C++ Redistributable libraries which old software programs are usually dependent of.
    There are many search results, youtube guides etc that you'll find if you search for this exact error so open your google search and look for the following words:
    Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
    Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (you already have these)
    Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
    Download and install both x86 and x64 version and you shouldn't be getting the missing MSVCP100.DLL library anymore, links will show at the top of your search results so I won't be posting them.
    The other error referring to DllEntryPoint can be ignored as I mentioned before.

If you remove "-3dfx" that means you are not enabling glide wrapper so obviously you cannot make use of its gamma. As for the dark screen, unless you take a photo of it so we can see what you see then it's just a guessing game because as others have said the screenshot you uploaded looks normal to us.

Stefansg and Kefflar32 like this.
  13. Evgeni Nedelchev

after install C++ i dont have MSVCP error anymore but cant UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) but cant get rid of this one. So i will play without -3dxf and end of story.
    Thank you all for the help.

Stefansg likes this.
  14. Stefansg

Stefansg Supporter

You need to reinstall everything ...

• Draft saved Draft deleted