Solved Game wont even load!

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Fap-, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Fap-

Fap- Supporter

I have followed the guide to the exact direction.

I am currently on Windows 10 32 bit. I have set my compatibility settings to xp sp2 and clicked the box for run as admin on all exe files. the gameguard is not blocked. when i click the europebattle.net icon, it brings the game guard logo up, i see the files in the diablo folder change for a second and then nothing. when i check the text file, this is what it says:

LAPTOP-ONL4PHLM Realm startup at 2017-09-13 21:46:03.792
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    21:46:03.792 ------------------------------------------------------

I am coming from a fresh install, clean no reg files until i ran the europebattle.net installer.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

2. TimmyDeezNuts

TimmyDeezNuts Rezident Ninja Forum Legend

I know you mentioned Gameguard isn't blocked, but it sounds to me like that maybe the case. Have you added the entire D2 directory to your anti-virus's whitelist/exclusions? Have you tried disabling your A/V entirely then launching?

Are you using maphack? If so, have you tried launching the game without it? Also there are a couple different EXE files you can launch the game from, have you tried any others? Have you tried changing Windows DEP settings to win services only? This usually solves some MH errors or crashes, but worth a try here.

On a side note, may I ask why 32-bit Win 10? The addressable RAM limitations can be crippling unless you only need 4GB.

3. Gix

Gix Founder

4. Fap-

Fap- Supporter

I took what was on the computer when I bought it. It was only a $250 laptop meant to browse the internet. I fixed the issue however. It was a issue with gameguard blocking the program itself. I moved gameguard and all files to a different directory then one by one relocated them back to my D2 folder and it worked. Strangest thing ever.

Now come on Gix...you know I'm smarter than that. I thought we went over that when I played here years ago.

TimmyDeezNuts likes this.
  5. Gix

Gix Founder

@Fap-, I don't remember much about you except your name but this has nothing to do with being smart or not. I had to remotely help experienced computer guys with simple things such as DEP settings or just by re-installing the game inside of a different folder plenty of times but this doesn't mean they were stupid, right? You can see that a really simple solution worked for you too and although errors in general could sometime be the strangest things ever, there is a reason behind them such as a 3rd party software could have put a temporary block on those files, or ten different ones. We're not here to guess how smart or experienced someone is when it comes to computers, besides basic questions always help us to determinate or eliminate basic errors of this game, there is a reason why we made a special thread just for that. Glad you figgured it out and it's working now, welcome back!

PS: Saw your teamspeak message the other day but you went offline. All is well, thanks for asking and hope everything is fine for you too. We're waiting you on teamspeak, take care.

• Draft saved Draft deleted