Solved Help installing diablo2

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Jade Starr, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

im having massive issues all around trying to install and play this game, ive tried the download link, it wasnt working, itd kick me off a game when id create or join on europe battle, open bnet worked, single player worked, uninstalled deleted it, re downloaded it, got the torrent, and now im having more issues, i cant seem to find a damn cd key, and im so frustrated :\ this has been an ongoing thing for now...3? days? >.< help?

2. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

As far as I know you need CD-key to play online.
    I could be mistaken.

Think you need to get a cd-key from somewhere.
    Only reason i still have cd-key is, that i kept my original games i bought 16 years ago.

3. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

im searching all over the damn place for a cd key or serial key but i havent found it at all....My original copy i bought years and years and years ago was stolen...:\

4. YugoBastard

YugoBastard Member

You want to play on bnet or on europe battle? I dont think you need the cd key for eubattle.... Just install the torrent which is 1.13c direct play and apply the realm patch

5. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

i want to play on EuropeBattle, but when id click to play on it, itd kick me off and send me back to chat. so i downloaded the torrent, and its asking me for a cd key, and my friend said ITS OBVIOUS ITS THERE...and its not, ive clicked all over the damned place in the folders to find a serial key or cd key and nothing is popping up and hes about as useless as an old sock for the past few days, so im just confused about the whole thing...

6. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

Ya the moment you de-installed and now re-installed d2, it will ask you for a cd-key.
    maybe have a look at torrents wich have a key-gen.
    Or look online/google it.
    You might find someone selling/giving away the cd-key.

Regards.

7. Aveign

Aveign Supporter

I remember that I did type in the key for both D2 classic and lod, but it wont work for bnet obviously. though our private server here accepts it, once u set it up right. Id delete everything and download the client all over. Make sure to use the links from this part of the site: http://europebattle.net/d2/join

Install the classic game, then upgrade to D2:Lod. After that get LOD Patch 1.13c and install it. (Dont upgrade higher, or it wont work). When all thats done - " download and install Diablo II EuropeBattle Installer which allows you to play on our server or simply download and extract the Diablo II EuropeBattle Archive. Make sure to choose your Diablo II folder upon installation or while extracting the archive and overwrite the files. This step is mandatory in order to play in our server and be able to create and join games."

If you find the europebattle.reg file, launch it to add the info to the registry. And use launcher.exe or europebattle.exe shortcut on the desktop or whatever you prefer.

Gix likes this.
  8. Gix

Gix Founder

@Jade Starr, first of all you don't need a CD-key to play here, only the retail bnet servers requires that.
    As @Aveign posted, all you need to do is follow these steps http://europebattle.net/d2/join
    You probably tried to install diablo2 using either blizzard installer or one you found on google which in this case it will ask you for a cd-key to install the game but as I said, you don't need one to play here so you could get any used cd-key that you can find through google search, however you have a direct installed diablo2 client listed here that you can download.
    Make sure you install the game, update it to 1.13c as instructed and then extract our server patch in the same folder where you installed Diablo II, launch the EuropeBattle.exe and you're good to go.

PS: Renamed your thread title to one that is more adequate and moved to `Help Desk` since you're asking for help after all.

9. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

Thank you very much, i shall try it again, and let you know how it goes. :)

and its okay if you move it, if it deserved to be moved then you as a mod should do that, its your job :)
    So lets cross our fingers, and hope for the best again. *crosses fingers*

10. YugoBastard

YugoBastard Member

Yeah just avoid blizzard's installers

11. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

so running europe battle brings up a dude with a sword and shield and thats about it....this happened last time, so pretty much at square one again. and uh- where should i put this stupid patch, because its telling me that its broke and keeps happening to contact blizzard.

12. YugoBastard

YugoBastard Member

you really need to provide us with more input so we can help you. What dude with sword? What step are you on anyway?

Generally speaking the order is this

1) Install diablo outside of program files
    2) check if it works
    3) update game to 1.13 c if its lower
    4) check if it works (if you downloaded the direct play 1.13 torrent then skip step 3)
    5) install realm patch (.exe is advised instead of archive)

If you have graphical problems it could be your OS fault, so just experiment with compatilibty tab and vidtest.exe until you nail it. For example i get bright artifacts if i run the game using Direct Draw (2D)

13. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

@Jade Starr delete all the d2 content you have and do a clean instal.
    Instal game / Patch / Server Patch .

14. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

this is where i start to feel overwhelmed and dejected because earlier, my friend made it sound like it was so simple and obvious, and i mean, i should know what im doing, but i just am having a super damned hard time, im starting clean i guess....AGAIN...cause i have no idea...When i would click on EuropeBattle, it brings up a shield icon in my tray, and the guy is orange and in a full suit of armor...I was on the patch part, but for some reason, it wasnt working, so i wanted to delete it and try it again, i have this folder in my own folder on my desktop so its like Jadesstuff-->Diablo2.

15. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

The Guy with the shield and sword is called GameGuard.
    And if you have any other hacks that he dont allow your game wont start.
    So... If you want us to help you give us some info

16. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

no one offence taken....Ive already been to that point like i said, ive been trying to do this alone and with half help from a friend.
    and i just downloaded what i was told, and thats the europebattle open file that i was supposed to click on....I dont know if its a hack, because it came with this website....
    i have bipolar disorder and dyslexia so this could also be why im having so many issues, im not one to follow instructions well, but seeing it is better....
    okay so i started from square one. i have these.

Attached Files:

17. Gix

Gix Founder

If the gameguard logo pops up then you did things right, however if the game doesn't open after that then something is wrong and this is why we have this thread http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/fix-diablo-ii-common-errors.532466/ where we explained various fixes for most common game errors. I doubt you have any illegal programs that the gameguard reacts to so most likely there is some incompatibility related to DEP or windows defender is blocking you from running the game.

You're just not good at debugging errors, most people aren't anyway so don't feel bad about that. Some gamers are just lucky to have their games running fine straight after installing them, however just like any game, there will always be people that run into problems and diablo2 is no exception.

Send me a private message (click my name here in forums and select `Start a conversation`) with your skype id and I'll help you via remote assistance and see what's wrong so we can fix it.

18. Jade Starr

Jade Starr Member

so i unzipped everything, and tried the base game, it worked. but as for running loader.exe or battle.exe nothing works for battle.exe nothing happens, loader brings up a black window dos lookin thing, and says that it cant find the game. now if i click on the game in the original zip file, that says diabloII it opens, but joining a game brings up this error with lots of 000000's in it. i couldnt really see much of it, i didnt even realize that it was up *had to mute pc for a few mins* and i alt+tabbed and seen it and couldnt see but 0's i dont know what that is...I had to change from international realm to the europebattle, Europebattle is giving me the error. sorry i cant get a screen shot of that for you...if you need screenshots, please ask.

19. Gix

Gix Founder

Alright, it's fixed. Seems the old install was corrupted, registry files were kinda broken.
    All I did was to delete old game folder, extracted the whole client again in a new folder C:\Diablo2, applied manual patch and runned the game through Loader.exe

• Draft saved Draft deleted