Solved Online Join, crash

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Vasko90, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vasko90

Vasko90 Member

Hi. Sorry for me English. I'm new in this online game. I'm trying to play the game but always crash and exit. Single player or online game (join or create a session) games crash. Exit all the time. I only install Wide Screen from Tools.
    Looking in the forum I can run the game in Windows Mode only. But is very annoying

Can you help me?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  2. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

Hi there, I suggest that you read the read me text file that comes with the widescreen as it has all the information you need. Keep in mind that it's highly recommended to use it in window mode but you can still try full screen mode by following the tutorial from read me text file. I will leave the read me text file in the spoiler below just in case you didn't save it.
    # Widescreen Resolutions

- 1068x600 (Recommended)

Extract the contents of this archive directly inside your Diablo II game folder, overwrite all files and run the game.

Notes:
    Currently experimenting widescreen resolution support.
    The game may crash when cycling resolutions too fast, wait 2-3 seconds between each resolution set.
    If game starts lagging after changing resolutions you may need to rejoin the same game or create a new one.
    Using window mode "-w" in order to run the game on any of the modern operating systems is highly recommended.
    Starting multiple clients in high resolution is not recommended, especially for older systems as this can be resource demanding.
    Having two different game folders, one for widescreen resolution usage and one for your mules running on 800x600 is highly recommended.
    Sting Maphack may not be fully compatible with widescreen resolutions, we recommend using BH Maphack instead which is more modern and up to date.

If you wish to use widescreen resolution in full-screen mode you will need to do it via glide-wrapper http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/glide-wrapper.539863/
    1. Run glide-init.exe
    Uncheck window-mode
    Uncheck keep aspect ratio
    Set static size to no
    Check desktopresolution

2. Create a shortcut of your Game.exe
    Once placed on your Desktop, Right Click on the Icon ( Game.exe )
    Properties - > Target - > Add the following parameters at the end of target-3dfx
    Example: "C:\Games\Diablo II\Game.exe" -3dfx
    Cheers.

Also, make sure that you installed the server's patch from the website http://europebattle.net/d2/join
    When running the game for the first time you could rather do it with no 3rd party tools installed just to be sure game is running properly. Either way, as far as I see you already found your way into the game.

Kefflar32 and Vasko90 like this.
  3. Vasko90

Vasko90 Member

Already solved the problem. Thanks!