Pls post link with Sting MH for 1.13c

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by sphinx25, Sep 17, 2019.

1. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

I'm getting a lot of c000005's on the laptop, and the probable cause is Sting's. Checked a lot of download links on this forum and elsewhere, didn't find (yet) a Sting's MH made specifically for 1.13c. The ones I downloaded were for 1.11b (you can check this by clicking the About button on the MH UI).
    Many thanks and help appreciated.

2. Atox

Atox Senior Game Master Moderator

3. sphinx25

Hey Atox, thanks for the quick reply.
    I tried all those on the laptop, to no real success. The MH version from the link you posted looks to be for 1.11b (on my machine at least), so it refuses to auto-inject, force inject...
    I also did all the steps to avoid the freaking access violation error, but still getting it for some unknown reason.
    I don;t have this issue on the desktop, though. Will try a bit of patience :).

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Hello,
    There's no such thing as Sting MH specifically made for 1.13c, you have the latest version of this maphack on the website and it supports 1.13 as well.
    Sounds like you're not running both MH and Diablo as an administrator but I suggest you give the integrated version of Sting MH a try instead, it works best with newer operating systems and you won't have to inject it before running the game either. You haven't mentioned your OS either nor if you use glide wrapper or not but besides downloading the integrated MH it's recommended that you run the game in window mode in case you still experience any sort of errors.

5. sphinx25

I am running on Win10, did the admin and Win XP SP2 compatibility checks for all executables, running window mode and switched to the integrated MH for now, which made the crashes become much rarer. But they still happen when I open a 2nd D2 window, usually for the second game created from that window.

Here's a screenshot of the stand alone Sting's (downloaded from the website), to show you what I meant when asking for a 1.13c version. If there is none, I'll go on being patient until I use the desktop again.
    Thanks for the support, still, much appreciated!

6. Gix

Gix Founder

I cannot see any screenshot in your post but I understand what you're trying to say. Clicking "about" button in sting will reveal the 1.11b maphack version but the same version is compatible with the 1.13c game patch as well, there's no other version of the software where 1.13c alone is being mentioned because the only patch updates required to be made were added into the .vcb files and I guess by that time development was stopped too. Keep in mind that maphack is a privately developed cheat tool and it was never fully supported by the game, therefore, some incompatibility errors may show up less or more depending on the operating system someone uses and other various factors hence the reason why you have no issues whatsoever when playing on your desktop but you get some on your laptop.

If you used to have multiple diablo clients installed before then I suggest doing a fresh re-install of the game following these instructions and you should be good running as many game instances as you want together with sting's maphack integrated version. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Kefflar32 likes this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted