Solved Solved UNHANDLED EXCEPTİON ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) on Startup

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Mpmeyers, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

ok so lately,the last few months,when I turn on my pc in the mornings if I try to get on the server,I see the Gameguard/knight pop up,then get a white box that says "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:ACCESS VIOLATION (C0000005).The ONLY way to correct this is if I shut down/restart my computer.I did what it said in the guide making sure I am running as admin,and that it's running as XP/SP3.Any suggestions before I take this computer,and throw it into the F*****G pool??????? (and yes I DO run Win 10,btw)

2. Gix

Gix Founder

Not sure if you changed the thread title to "Solved" later on or you're still experiencing this. Either way, your problem is mostly likely related to DEP settings if restarting the computer fixes it.
    Try the following http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/#post-764275

Sometimes various software installed on your computer or any sort of updates including operating system ones can mess up with the DEP settings so it's hard to tell exactly what could be causing it.

3. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

well,I just looked,and unfortunately,it was already set to "essential windows programs and services only" and yeah,it seems like this never was happening before until the last couple of windows updates.

4. Gix

Gix Founder

Switch it back and forth as mentioned in the note, hit apply and restart your computer in case you get that again in the future because of DEP changes.