Solved sting maphack causes UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by sanzor, Oct 31, 2018.

1. sanzor

sanzor Member

Hello,

I am sorry, this isnt the first time you see this problem, im sure.

However, i tried everything posted on this forum. reinstalled game for few times as well..
    I would try the integrated maphack but i get weird numbers and characters on the screen when im using it... please, any new solutions? running windows 10

2. milf35

milf35 Well-Known Member

Set compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Run this program as administrator for the following files: Game.exe, Loader.exe and EuropeBattle.exe

To correctly run the game you must be logged into your computer as an administrator. Follow the steps described below like here and here. (http://europebattle.net/d2/join)
    Right-click Game.exe, Loader.exe and EuropeBattle.exe and select Properties.
    a. Select the Compatibility tab.
    b. Click Change settings for all users.
    c. Under Compatibility mode, check and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
    d. Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as an administrator.
    e. Click Apply.

And sting maphack only right click mouse - run as administrator.
    Are You using Glide? Cause I can't use glide d2 + sting, errors every 3/4 games, and I can do nothing with it, tried some options but nothing. If You are using Glide, try without it.

http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/

3. sanzor

sanzor Member

i did that, many times, doesnt work.. im not using glide

its like a nightmare. i want to use sting maphack.. why other works and this one doesnt. and the integrated one is displayig some weird characters on screen when im hovering on items .. what the hell.

4. milf35

milf35 Well-Known Member

And You first open d2 or sting? When I have opened sting and try open first window of game i get error too
    I have to open first d2 then sting

5. sanzor

sanzor Member

i tried both. im trying different fixes since yesterday.. i hope that there is something thats not posted here

6. aBUCHa

aBUCHa Well-Known Member

check official Microsoft update KB2859537 if he install, maybe he take error
    also can check KB2872339, KB2882822

in my Language seach and talk people forums
    this is 3 official updates, people tell - can take 0xc0000005

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  7. sanzor

sanzor Member

Ok . this is weird.

So far is working.. and what i did is .. weird. I just copied all of the insides of DEFAULT FOLDER, into the diablo folder.. opened everything from there and it works.

I did try to copy into another folder before and didnt work. this is the exact only amount of actions i did in order to make it work. weird..

Edit: it did not work. it worked but.. only half of it? like i was seeing the map and all but nothing else worked. no binds etc. Also, second time i tried to open it i got the same errors..

those windows security updates, dont work since im using win 10

2nd Edit: i removed the files from diablo 2 folder, put them into their own folder, inside the d2folder. Then, i noticed only only default version works, but i wanted the COLDET version to run. The coldet version always crashed the game. So.. what i did, was to copy all files (except the maphack executable) into the default folder, and it works now. Hoping it will be stable.

I also wish to say that before i tried to remove chicken at pvp, i didnt had these problems. as someone else on this forum said, he started having problems after trying to change the cfg. i m not sure why that is the case, since i reinstalled everything many times.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  • Draft saved Draft deleted