Solved UNHANDLED EXCEPTİON ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by hyatkn, Oct 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyatkn

hyatkn Member

Hi everyone.
    I installed Diablo 2 three days ago. (Win10) I made the necessary settings and logged into the game. I downloaded and installed sting maphack. I could play without any problems, but the game was very slow. That's why I used glide3x. When I turned off my computer and turned it back on, I clicked on the battle.net tab and encountered the error UNHANDLED EXCEPTION ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005).

I deleted the Diablo 2 folder.
    I deleted the reg files.
    I installed the game in different folder.
    I made the DEP settings.
    Windows Defender is turned off and I am not using any antivirus programs.

I couldn't get into the game whatever I did since last night. I haven't installed maphack, I haven't installed glide but I can't enter the game. Help me please.

Edit: All exe files are run as administrator.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. Gix

Gix Founder

Redo your DEP settings for essential Windows programs and services only as instructed in this thread http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/common-game-errors-and-fixes.532466/
    If that is the setting you are currently using then switch it to the second option and then back to "Windows programs and services only" once again, then restart your computer.

Kefflar32 likes this.
  3. hyatkn

hyatkn Member

I did what you said but the problem was not solved.

If you have time, can we install it together via teamviewer? Because I applied the solution suggestions in all your posts and could not reach a result. I've been trying to figure it out since yesterday and my brain is burned.

Problem solved. It was caused by DEP settings. Thank you Gix :)

Problem solved, incorrect DEP settings were being used. Once the settings have been set for essential Windows programs and services the game started working again after a PC restart.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Atox and Gix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.