Guide Diablo Clone Hunting (how to get annihilus)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by MadVisions, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MadVisions

MadVisions Supporter

Diablo Clone Guide

Wocabulary:
    DC -> diablo clone
    CB -> crushing blow
    soj -> stone of jordan
    wp -> waypoint
    vanilla -> original unmodifyed version of some game

The vanilla DClone feature:
    This feature was introduced to the game in the patch 1.10. The concept is after 75 ones sold globally, every soj shopped after this has a chance to trigger the "Diablo Walks The Earth" event on ALL the hell-mode expansion Games sharing the same IP address. This feature is active here too, so don't be surprised if it happens because it can. :)

Our custom addon:
    Here on this server you can trigger the event for your own GAME every time you sell a soj.

Event mechanics:
    After the event is triggered (you can see the "Diablo Walks The Earth" message and earth is shaking) DC spawns in the place of the FIRST super unique monster you would encounter. Simple enough.
    Be careful were to walk now if you are not familiar enough with super uniq locations couse you might "lose" the clone.

Super Unique Monsters:
    These are the bosses or monsters that spawn every game on the ~same location. Example: blood raven, griswold, council leaders in travi, shenk, diablo
    This is extremely important to understand that DC spawns at the FIRST one you spawn. For example i talked to a person in the main chanel who claimed the event was bugged for him couse diablo didnt spwan in place of Rakanishu. This was surprising indeed becouse that little lightning spitter imp is the only super uniq in stony field. Then we finally extracted the missing information that he didnt have the stony wp so the tele'd up from wp1. This wouldnt be big of a problem if you dont run into Bishibos accidently in cold plains which spawns the clone. All fine, he found the clone and got the annihilus.

I usually just use Eldrich(1cm upside from act 5 wp1) to spwan dia. I find this the most simple.

How do I defeat the clone?:
    Any well built pve char with a merc with gores and maxed res and some ll should be able to defeate it. Your best shot is a java ama or an uber smiter though.
    if you got a hammerdin just make a black(thul+io+nef in a flail) and put a gores on and just smite it down then hammer the last 3% hp.

OBG and Gix like this.
  2. VaultboyGary

VaultboyGary Member

Hello,
    i never beat the dc clone. In closed battlenet i never get a "hotgame" with world event.
    So my question: How many charms the clone drop? Only one charm or one charm for every char in the same game/party?
    Thank u for Answer.
    Greedings Gary

3. devilsreject

devilsreject Forum Legend

Due to the 95% light rezistance of the uber clone a descent light sorc can also down him in a matter of seconds (requires a merc using infinity of course).
    PS Thanks for reminding me the good old days classic soj farming! ^_^

@Gary - one mob drops one anihilus charm. if you're lucky you can get a descent stat charm and if you are a begginer you can sell it for a high rune (Sur or Ber) and get a couple of weaker ones for all of your chars.

North44 likes this.
  4. Mpmeyers

Mpmeyers Supporter

In ALL the time I was on BNET,I think Diablo Clone only walked for me ONE time,and I was on there a good 7 years.....lol.

North44 likes this.
  5. VaultboyGary

VaultboyGary Member

Hi 3days ago. I farm some cows. And then...screen shaking. Diablo walks on earth. I really sell no soj. Just farming in cow lvl. First i think...this must be a mistake. I went to eldrich and see there...the dia clone. I beat him. And get my first self found anni.

6. Gix

Gix Founder

Diablo clone may spawn in two scenarios:
    1. Diablo clone will spawn in your own game (hell difficulty only) everytime you sell 1 SOJ to the npc
    2. Dablo clone will spawn in all games (hell difficulty only) at once when a random value of X total soj have been sold by the players. You can see the notification message everytime someone is selling a soj:
    "xxx Stones of Jordan Sold to Merchants"

EDIT: I've cleaned the thread from our last messages, @MadVisions .

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    North44 likes this.
  7. TartarusHD

TartarusHD Member

Diablo Clone spawn randomly? Ex, In place where you spawn, like Harrogath. And it will spawn in Frigidland Eldrich? I dont get it sorry
    -I ask people in-game, but they seen-zoned me, so I ask here on forum

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  8. inayat

inayat Head Game Master Moderator

It can spawn randomly yes, but not happens a lot.
    If you want to spawn yourself, best place to do is act 1 Hell.
    Sell soj to Akara and then go Stony Fields where tristam entrance is.

9. North44

North44 Scumbag

Just want to add it that you can sell to any merchandiser from each act: Act 1 - Akara, Act 2 - Mala, Act 3 - Ormus, Act 4 - Jamella and Act 5 - Malah. Note that it does not matter which act you sell it in, you can still go to your favorite location in any act.
    List of uniq monster camps where clone spawns can be found here.

Ultimative likes this.
  10. Ulipus

Ulipus Active Member

hello friends
    i am still trying to catch up things since havent played for so long and also still learning about this private server
    so thanks in advance for the help provided
    1 - just to confirm whats been said on previous post : it only needs ONE (1) soj to be sold so clone spawns my hell game ???
    2 - i saw before some guide about armor ebugging - does it also works on ethereal RARES ( please help find this guide again)
    3 - also someone ingame infoed me about some working RUNEWORDS working here like plague myth pattern - is there a guide for this or where can i check this?
    4 - how many IP adresses we have on this private server ?? ( just could check theres more than one..)
    many thanks

11. sphinx25

sphinx25 Well-Known Member

1 - Yes, sell 1 SoJ to a vendor in a Hell game and DC will spawn (only in case it hasn't spawned before in that game, i.e. message "Diablo walks the Earth" is displayed when you join the game)
    2 - Link here: http://forum.europebattle.net/threads/ethereal-bug-armor-guide.542002/. And short version is Yes, works on any eth MAGIC, RARE or UNIQUE armor, as long as it is the right type (body armor, helm or shield) and has the +enhanced defense% mod.
    3 - Link here: http://forum.europebattle.net/threa...idescreen-support-color-dyes-and-more.544934/
    4 - It definitely has more than one. Redundancy and load balancing are probably top reasons for that.
    If you're asking this for DC hunting without selling SoJ's, I've tried this for a while and gave up, it is a waste of time.
    Edit: you'll be better off running hell Countess than waiting for SoJ count to hit a random number on the same IP, with multiple game clients open; you'll get runes to buy anni's, terror keys and, occasionally, a SoJ.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Atox, Ulipus and Gix like this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted